Graveman won't burn audio mp3 CD?

Using applications, configuring, problems
cheepgeek

Graveman won't burn audio mp3 CD?

#1 Post by cheepgeek »

When I try to burn an audio cd w/graveman, it tells me that the mp3 is not a recognized audio file. Are there additional codecs that I need to install? It burns isos perfectly. I am running 107b, but even under 106 the same problem occurred. Thanks for the help!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Mp3 files are data files. You need to burn mp3 CDs as a data CDs not audio CDs. Your mp3 player will find and play the mp3 files OK.

MU

#3 Post by MU »

Convert the mp3 to wav first, if you want a "real" audio-CD that can be used in a CD-player.
http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?p=28309#28309

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Thanks Mark. It didn't occur to me that he might be trying to make a regular audio CD with mp3 files. :)

jcagle

#5 Post by jcagle »

I know some windows burning software (such as Adaptec EZ CD Creator) will create audio CDs from MP3s.

I can tell as someone who has had a little bit of experience with audio production that it won't be CD quality, even if you convert it to wav. The data has been lost in compressing to MP3 format and cannot be restored. However, the average human ear will not be able to tell. Generally the ones who can tell are music producers, musicians who have been in the studio, etc.