XBMC for LxPup14.10

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
peebee

XBMC for LxPup14.10

#1 Post by peebee »

I have uploaded an SFS of XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" (c.60MB) which runs on LxPup14.10 (Slacko flavour).

I made it using the components from SlaXBMC.

WARNING: loads all sorts of dependencies (Python, Samba, Pulseaudio, SQLite to name a few) so recommend test on a sandboxed frugal install.

It may run on Slacko6Beta2 (untested).

If you have NVidia graphics then you may need to install the proprietary nvidia drivers (doesn't work properly with nouveau on my desktop). Similar may apply to other graphics.

I'd be interested to know if anybody in the UK can get the C4 On demand add-on to work.....or can work out why they don't ;-)

Cheers
peebee
Attachments
xbmc_about.jpg
(44.47 KiB) Downloaded 749 times
Last edited by peebee on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 06:55, edited 3 times in total.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Gooplusplus

Re: XBMC for LxPup14.09

#2 Post by Gooplusplus »

peebee wrote:I have uploaded an SFS of XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" (c.60MB) which runs on LxPup14.09 (Slacko flavour).
I added your XBMC 13.2 SFS to Lx Pup "Tahr" 14.09. I noted that an XBMC Media Center menu entry was correctly added to the Multimedia section.

However, it did nothing when clicked. I also changed to absolute paths /usr/bin/xbmc and /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone with no effect.

---

An unrelated issue exists with the setup of LXterminal.

The LX Pup default light gray background would be fine by itself but since the commonly used "ls -l" command is colorized, the resulting lightgreen on light gray is unreadable.

I believe that Puppy should strive to be as "just works" newbie-friendly as possible, I suggest changing the default LXterminal foreground and background color setting.

666philb

#3 Post by 666philb »

hi peebee ..... this iplayer plugin is working for me on 13.1 http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:IPlayer

no luck with 4od though
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

peebee

Re: XBMC for LxPup14.09

#4 Post by peebee »

Gooplusplus wrote:
peebee wrote:I have uploaded an SFS of XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" (c.60MB) which runs on LxPup14.09 (Slacko flavour).
I added your XBMC 13.2 SFS to Lx Pup "Tahr" 14.09. I noted that an XBMC Media Center menu entry was correctly added to the Multimedia section.

However, it did nothing when clicked. I also changed to absolute paths /usr/bin/xbmc and /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone with no effect.

---

An unrelated issue exists with the setup of LXterminal.

The LX Pup default light gray background would be fine by itself but since the commonly used "ls -l" command is colorized, the resulting lightgreen on light gray is unreadable.

I believe that Puppy should strive to be as "just works" newbie-friendly as possible, I suggest changing the default LXterminal foreground and background color setting.
Hi @Gooplusplus

The sfs is not intended for LxPupTahr - it is a Slacko = Slackware build from SlaXBMC components.

LxTerminal colours - noted, will fix in next issue.

Cheers
peebee
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

peebee

#5 Post by peebee »

666philb wrote:hi peebee ..... this iplayer plugin is working for me on 13.1 http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:IPlayer

no luck with 4od though
Oops....

I'd missed the rtmpdump package - now included and re-uploaded - BBC iPlayer is go.