Precise Puppy wpa wifi connection fails with ath5k driver

Using applications, configuring, problems
blinch

Precise Puppy wpa wifi connection fails with ath5k driver

#1 Post by blinch »

It seems something has been broken with my ath5k driver because as when using any network wizard I receive this message:
Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant - wpa_ctrl_open: No such file or directory
I have found this "solved" trhead in this forums but its not the same problem.

[SOLVED] puppy 5.0.1 wpa_supplicant error
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=59639

I dont really understand why that error message says it cant find wpa_ctrl_open It would be so fine if someone could explain this.

Anyway it has been working for some weeks without any problem, and it happened to me some weeks ago. then I "fixed" it reinstalling a new puppy in this USB stick.

then I thought it could be an usb stick problem that is missing some data because its and old one, but i have now again exactly the same problem than i had some weeks ago, so it cant be just a pen drive fail.

Could you please help me to find out and track this problem?

Regards!

blinch

d-bus seems to be not working properly

#2 Post by blinch »

It seems the fail should be something related to d-bus.

in the same moment that all the internet connection wizards are failing, seamonkey has started to report a problem loading previous saved configurations and it mention a d-bus access problem. Ill still wondering why...

mikeb

#3 Post by mikeb »

hmm could be a corrupt of stuck file blocking dbus then.... you can see if its running in dbus or try starting it manually and seeing whats the problem...the lack of machine-id is common.

Have you tried to pfix=fsck to run a check on the save file yet...that often clears up such corruption problems.

mike