Quirky 002 feedback

Please post any bugs you have found
rameshiyer

quirky

#61 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Shinobar

I have installed your pet package, Still I am facing shut down problem . Shutdown problem is not occurring frequently. However, the problem is still persists.

So far, I have not find any solution for improper shutdown also. What to do? I am looking for permanent solutions to these long pending problems.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#62 Post by BarryK »

I have started a new thread for Quirky 003:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=51009

Note that if you already have a 'quirkysave' for 001 or 002, it is best to dump it and start afresh.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

clarf

Re: Pnethood without password

#63 Post by clarf »

shinobar wrote:
drblock2 wrote:2. Pnethood still has the bug inherited from Quirky 1 and Puppy 4.3.1. Unprotected network drives will not open unless something (any character at all) is typed into the log-in and password boxes.
Here is the code extracted from Puppy 4.3.1JP.
/usr/local/apps/pnethood/func_mount

Code: Select all

# diff func_mount.old func_mount
1a2
> # 2sep09 by Masaki Shinomiya <shino@pos.to> allow username and pssword to be blank
23a25,26
> USER_PASS="guest"
> [ "$USERNAME" != "" ] && USER_PASS="username=${USERNAME},password=${PASSWORD}"
28c31
< mount-FULL -t cifs "//${IP}/${SHARE}" "${MOUNTPOINT}" -o "${SERVERNETBIOSNAME}username=${USERNAME},password=${PASSWORD},iocharset=utf8" 2>>${TMP}log 
---
> mount-FULL -t cifs "//${IP}/${SHARE}" "${MOUNTPOINT}" -o "${SERVERNETBIOSNAME}$USER_PASS,iocharset=utf8" 2>>${TMP}log 
34c37
< smbmount "//${IP}/${SHARE}" "${MOUNTPOINT}" -o "username=${USERNAME},password=${PASSWORD}" 2>>${TMP}log >>/dev/null # redirecting stdout needed to lose init_iconv encoding conversion error messages
---
> smbmount "//${IP}/${SHARE}" "${MOUNTPOINT}" -o "$USER_PASS" 2>>${TMP}log >>/dev/null # redirecting stdout needed to lose init_iconv encoding conversion error messages
Thanks for the tip shinobar,

Although I found a problem using the USER_PASS="guest" constant, it doesn´t work with cifs enabled. After some test I found that using the value USER_PASS="username=guest,password=guest" it works with cifs enabled or disabled.

I must note that I tested this change with the default Windows password (empty password) and the password "guest" in my guest account.

Greetings,

clarf