1.0.1 gives modprobe errno=8

Booting, installing, newbie

Puppy 104 crashes on boot (HD hdb installed)

#16 Post by Guest »

Bruce B wrote:I had the same problem when I attached another hard disk under this scenerio:

Using version 1.03

IDE 0 - master = hard drive
IDE 0 - slave = empty
IDE 1 - master = cdrom

The above works fine, but when I attached a hard disk to IDE 1 slave, it happened to me. However, it worked fine with MS-DOS
I have the same problem as descibed above in version 102+103+104.
Starting Live-CD and booting Puppy results in a crash. Under 102 one of millons of errors running over the screen was:

"cp: unable to close '/new_root/root0/.etc/pcmcia/cis/COMpad2.def': No space left on device "

Puppy seems not possible to boot from CD, when there is installed only one HD as hdb slave. Also testet with another hard-disk, same result.
On the other hand: Puppy installed on a partition on the same HD (hdb slave) boots without any problems.
Any idea, what to do? Or where to read about this problem? Thanks for any help.

Gerd

Puppy 1.0.1 crashes on boot

#17 Post by Guest »

The subject helped me to boot 1.0.4 by folowing GuestToo Puppy Master recommendation and others pointing out that the CDw/r should be fully erased before burning.

Thanks

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#18 Post by Ian »

Do these problems relate to laptops.

raffy

Simple

#19 Post by raffy »

Your solution could be as simple as making sure that there is a hard disk at primary master (/dev/hda), and that there is a viable partition 1, either FAT/DOS or ext2/Linux (/dev/hda1).

I have tried non-primary-master hard drive before and failed.

See the link below for more details in setting-up.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].