puppy and screen fit

Booting, installing, newbie
NewBY

puppy and screen fit

#1 Post by NewBY »

i am sure it is a product of being brand new to linux/puppy, but i cannot seem to find a way to make puppy be centered on the screen as well as being full screen?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Use Magick :wink:

Not helpful?
Perhaps give us more info about your system
and how you are running

I have an auto button on my LCD monitor and that centers - you may not have this - only magick would allow me to know :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

NewBY

#3 Post by NewBY »

Lobster wrote:Use Magick :wink:

Not helpful?
Perhaps give us more info about your system
and how you are running

I have an auto button on my LCD monitor and that centers - you may not have this - only magick would allow me to know :)
guess i am too nu to "get it"!
have noticed a similar prob. with a couple of other pen drive linux distros since my last post....this problem plus the oft mentioned (from what I see in this forum) problem for newby like me: getting connected w/ a winmodem makes the process of learning linux,perhaps, more problem than it is worth?
thanks for your reply

Fossil

#4 Post by Fossil »

NewBY
By any chance are you using an old laptop? Some old Dell laptops had a problem with full screen.
This is where the 'Majick' of divination starts to kick-in. Without the full details of computer, be it a laptop/desktop, memory, video card, it becomes a guessing game; everyone will be stumped to suggest an easy solution.