Printer printing sideways?????

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
Jim Isbell

Printer printing sideways?????

#1 Post by Jim Isbell »

I am using the CUPS printer wizard and can print the test page correctly oriented. But when I print from a web page it turns the thing sideways to Landscape instead of Portrait.

I am using a Lexmark T610 printer and it used to work until I started messing around with the drivers. When I got to that place in the setup, it was undetermined....even though the printer had been running for over a year correctly....but I could not "continue" unless I selected something and the only choice that looked correct was "raw" so I selected that.

Since then, even though the Test page has the correct orientation, what ever I print from the internet comes up crossways and wastes a lot of paper.

Whats the solution???

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

It looks like the Lexmark T6xx series are Postscript-compatible printers, which explains why yours works as a "raw" printer. That means that the Postscript output from the application can go directly to the printer without requiring a driver.

Have you checked that your web browser's printer setup isn't accidentally set on landscape?

Does it also print in landscape from other applications?

Have you accidentally created an "lpoptions" file that is over-riding the printer defaults? Do a search for it and delete it if found.

If none of that solves the problem, I would just delete the printer and reinstall it.

Jim Isbell

#3 Post by Jim Isbell »

That was so simple I feel like a fool. Yes, you were right, it was the Web browsers page set up that was at fault. Thanks for helping me come to my senses.