Puppeee Arcade 2

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
scabz

#31 Post by scabz »

sc0ttman wrote:
neurino wrote:I'm trying MetalGearSolid on PSX and had very VERY low FPS (about 2) with audio leaks.

Using ePSXe instead of PSX and setting soud latency to maximum I can play but it slooows down too much when movie-like scenes run or during combat actions.

I expected these emulator to be less resource eaters considering the old Playstation One hardware comparing to eee one.

Suggestions?
I'm guessing the graphics chip in Eee PCs is too weak for decent 3D gaming, but checkout PCSX as well..

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 196#386196

and don't forget that tweaking settings in the emulators themselves, or switching plugins can have a massive effect on performance.
i have used pSX on my 900a on mint 9.10 and have gotten 60 fps on tenchu , roadrash 3d and alot of other games the hardware is fine it is just that dri just is not working right on any of the puppy eee os's.

out of all the playstation emulators pSX will run the bests on low hardware but have to have dri working right.

scabz

#32 Post by scabz »

-edit double post-

jemimah

#33 Post by jemimah »

Newer X servers have GEM which does get better GL performance than "classic mode" on the i915 chipset, but we're stuck with on Xog 7.3. I was hoping someone would have packaged 7.5 for 4.3.1 by now, but AFIAK it hasn't been done.

Quirky has 7.5, but it has weird problems with JWM icons and probably other issues that need to be figured out.

I have not made this a priority personally because I'm hoping to release Puppeee 4.3.1 sometime before Puppy 4.4 is released. :)

walter90

#34 Post by walter90 »

Can someone explain Eee PCs to me? I'd like to get this but not sure if I can run it. Thanks. :D

jemimah

#35 Post by jemimah »

Are you asking which EeePc to buy? Or what would you like to know?

kasf

#36 Post by kasf »

who give me iso from eee-pc 701 please