Bandwidth problems ...

Promote Puppy !
Ted Dog

Also have www.hted. a site I was going to use for Education

#16 Post by Ted Dog »

Which as not under heavy use, I have had problems with cross mail with a China based telephone equipment distributer Huawei hince H T E D may be used in asia

mayakovski

#17 Post by mayakovski »

What about using google adsense to help generate some revenue? They seem very unobtrusive and can bring in a fair bit on money?

I would be happy to investigate more if there is interest.
Mayakovski
Puppy Linux | Barking Up The Right Tree

Compaq Armada 1580DMT | P150, 49MB RAM - 3.2 GB HD, Puppy 1.0.6
Compaq Deskpro EN | P3-733, 384 MB RAM - 80GB HD, Puppy 1.0.7

babbs

#18 Post by babbs »

If there is something I can do to help out, let me know how. (I can set up FTP logins on my server for a few trusted Puppy people to upload files to.)

I think that I presently have most of the current and past Puppy ISO releases posted (Barry produced ISOs, but no varients yet), and the idea of adding a few files doesn't scare me.

puppian

#19 Post by puppian »

Maybe JohnM or others can upload larger attachments to dotpup.de / puptrix.org and then edit the posts with the new download links. Many dotpups in this page are hosted by this forum now.

Maximum file size of uploaded image can be reduced too.

I think phpBB would have the option to show messages in the past X days only. So really old posts can be set as 'not shown'. That may make searching faster too.

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#20 Post by JohnMurga »

BarryK wrote:Anyway, John, I'll pay for your surcharge, out of the donations and cd sales. ...as long as it doesn't get out of hand of course!

Let me know your PayPal email address. I can send you a donation every three months or so.

Note, servage.net accounts now have a 500G per month download limit ...that's about 16G per day!
Thanks for the offer, but there is no need.

Current usage statistics indicate that it must have been due to a seasonal spike and (maybe) the "Mean" puppy ISOs, which have been relocated to an account MU made available to me.

So far we are doing OK, I think usage will be fine from now on.

Cheers
JohnM