WAG config does not work with CUSTOMSCRIPT=mozilla

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
M.Gregg

WAG config does not work with CUSTOMSCRIPT=mozilla

#1 Post by M.Gregg »

Hi all,

This is what i have found after a bit of research about WAG

The wag config does not appear to work with the line:

CUSTOMSCRIPT="mozilla"

when i deleted this line and left MODDATA="ndiswrapper" and loaded the windows driver (after installing pearl from pupget) it worked. so here is my wag config file.

MODDATA="ndiswrapper"

CARDSOC="0"

My profile-config is

TITLE1="home"
IP=""
GATEWAY=""
ESSID="[your network]"
NWID="[your network]"
KEY="##########################"
MODE="managed"
FREQ=""
CHANNEL="0"
AP_MAC=""

TITLE2="template"
IP="192.168.0.3"
GATEWAY=""
ESSID="hotspot"
NWID=""
KEY=""
MODE="Managed"
FREQ="2.437G"
CHANNEL=""
AP_MAC=""
You need MODDATA to load the driver. This is using 128 bit WEP
I do not know why this line creates a problem but it does with my system. This was using a BELKIN wireless card with a laptop.

Regards
Michael

rarsa

#2 Post by rarsa »

Thank you, I'll take that into account while working on the next network wizard version.

I am adding wireless configuration. The profiles portion will be shared with WAG and I've added a Graphical interface instead of manual editing of the files.

After analyzing where the network wizard and WAG intersect and where they differ, I found that WAG shows more wireless status information. Other than that it's the same functionality.

I would appreciate if you can try the latest iteration of the network wizard and tell me if it works for you.

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?p=31871#31871

One of the differences with what you did is that instead of editing the MODDATA parameter you will do the following:

- Select to Load driver
- Select "Specify a custom driver"
- Type ndiswrapper. (I am hoping to add automatic ndiswrapper configuration in the near future).

keenerd-not-logged-in

#3 Post by keenerd-not-logged-in »

I would strongly reccommend you DO NOT erase the CUSTOMSCRIPT line. You're not supposed to erase the line, just null it out.
CUSTOMSCRIPT=""

Its just a mozilla launch button (silly and pointless, I know), but I'll look into why it fails.

M.Gregg

WAG

#4 Post by M.Gregg »

i retyped the line and editited it out as you suggest, i lost wireless connection until i removed it again!

I know it only creates a button but it stops my system working.

Regards
Michael