SMS logger

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
Robotop

SMS logger

#1 Post by Robotop »

Hello, this is my first post on this forum for a self-made software. I used the Gambas IDE to develop a small application for retrieve SMS text from a cellphone. The phone has to be connected to a serial port with appropriate data cable and must support the AT command set for SMS handling. After launching the program, you must click on 'test' button to check if the phone recognizes the AT commands. If it does, you can see the cellphone number appear in the low-left box ; now you can start the log. The logging activity polls the phone's memory for unread SMS and retrieves the text using the PDU mode. If you check the delete box, the messages are removed from the cellphone after been saved to the disk (under file smslog.txt) . The poll goes on until you stop it ; the output file data will be appended to the existing data, so the file grows with all the received SMS. It will be simple to send all such messages to a webserver and made a sort of personal twit... The application was packaged for slackware and installs without problems on Puppy. My development system is a notebook ASUS A1300 (very old) running Puppy Linux 4.3.1 ; the cellphone used for testing is a Siemens M50 connected via self-made cable to the serial port of the notebook. In case of errors in the application, please send me a message from the home page of my site http://ficara.altervista.org ; I will make my best for fix the bugs and improve the program in my free time. Hope this small application will be useful for someone... bye :D
Attachments
smslog-0.0.26-noarch-1.gz
install file; please rename GZ as TGZ
(8.93 KiB) Downloaded 510 times

hamoudoudou

bookmarked

#2 Post by hamoudoudou »

bookmarked
SMS ? funny to try... and useful.