Pburn won't burn CD iso

Please post any bugs you have found
regen

Pburn won't burn CD iso

#1 Post by regen »

I couldn't get 4.3.1's pburn to burn iso cd's.

Pburn displays: checking media building command, but never burns. Also, the cd drive light blinks as if it's trying to burn but it is a rom drive not a burner. (DVD sata burner IDE cd rom)

Pburn also hangs if I try to blank a cd that has already been quick blanked.
It won't quick or full blank following a previous quick /full? blank.

Same problems were observed on another pc.
(DVD ide rom +ide cd burner)

The stardust version/puplet uses pburn 3.17 and didn't have this problem
but the menus are different than what I am used to.

I found a pburn 3.18 pet on the net and installed it in the standard 4.3.1 and it eliminated both issues for me.

I have used puppy since 3.01 and have never had this problem - even with older versions/puplets.

regen

puppy 4.3.1 & pburn 3.12

#2 Post by regen »

pburn 3.12 worked fine on a system that had only a single dvd burner.
(no additional cd/dvd drive)

rjbrewer

#3 Post by rjbrewer »

Puppy setup>setup cd/dvd rom allows choice between drives.
"Burn iso to cd" is very reliable.

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

jackieflorida

#4 Post by jackieflorida »

regen:
Thanks for posting a solution. Please post the link for the 3.18 pet.

I'm having the same problem with Pburn in my recent upgrading to 4.3.1. I would like to try the 3.18 pet but I can't find it.

I have a DVD rom and a CD r/w co-installed and the first problem that I noticed is that it could not detect the r/w as Pburn always did on earlier versions of Puppy.

And, yes, rjbrewer, BurnIso2cd works fine, and that is how I managed to burn an iso in my new upgrade.

zigbert

#5 Post by zigbert »

Here is Pburn 3.1.8.
You'll find the latest Pburn (3.2.3), if you follow the link in my signature. I don't see any reason why not using the latest.

Sigmund
Attachments
pburn-3.1.8.pet
(62.11 KiB) Downloaded 416 times

jackieflorida

#6 Post by jackieflorida »

Thanks Sigmund. After my posting above and before your response post. I found the 3.2.3 and oddly enough, it behaved with the same faults and errors as the 3.1.2. Thinking that it may be a kernel version problem, I booted up Puppy 4.3.1 retro and found the same problem.

Nicely though, after removing the 3.2.3 and with your post and link I installed 3.1.8. It works!!! Whew!!!

Also I like some of the additional help comments in this newer Pburn, i.e. the post-burn md5sum check suggestion to eject and reload the newly burned disk to improve the accuracy of the check. I didn't know this before and often got bad checks but the disks worked fine. Now I know.

Fishy

#7 Post by Fishy »

I cannot get pburn to burn an iso in Lucid. I have tried 3.2.5, 3.18 all with the same result. :? Process:

Put new disk in.
Hit burn iso
Select iso
Verify proper DVD burner selected.
Hit burn.

Screen comes up saying that it is normal to unpack before burning or would I like to burn it as a single file. No matter which I select it disappears and return to the original pburn screen. This screen shows data disk highlighted and the iso on the selected right hand portion of the screen.

This is all new to me, pburn having been my preference for burning iso's. Burniso2cd works properly. Both Lucid and V3 iso's were burnt and functional.

Asus M4A78T-E mb with dual core AMD set to 4 cores, Asus sata DVD burner