Quirky 006 feedback

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
john biles

#61 Post by john biles »

Hello Barry K,
I posted the problem with Gnome-Mplayer not playing AVI's etc if you click on a media file, oh yes Gnome-Mplayer opens looks like it trying to read many files not just the one you want. After it does that it just sits there.

Now if I open the media file from Gnome-Mplayer's Menu it plays.

Also If I install Mplayer-Gui from the Quicky repository and made that the default media Player and click on a file it works as expected and plays the video.

I posted this problem 5 days ago as well on Barry K's blog with no reply??

It's no big deal for me but for a newbie this would be a big deal as they'd click on a media file and discover it doesn't play resulting in doubt's in their mind about the reliability of Quicky and Linux.

I'm looking forward to Quicky 007 hopefully this will have been fixed.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

4-stroke

#62 Post by 4-stroke »

john biles wrote:Hello Barry K,
I posted the problem with Gnome-Mplayer not playing AVI's etc if you click on a media file, oh yes Gnome-Mplayer opens looks like it trying to read many files not just the one you want. After it does that it just sits there.

Now if I open the media file from Gnome-Mplayer's Menu it plays.
I don't have this problem. This is just a wild shot in the dark, but do you have spaces in the file names?

shako

Failing to store internet connection details

#63 Post by shako »

Hi Barry
Downloaded Quirky 6 a couple of days ago and am slowly working my way round it, everything seems to work played a couple of dvds the only problem is that it fails to store the internet connection details.
I have tried both a frugal instalation and booting off the disk with a storage file , but neither keeps the info. This is the first time this has ever happened with a puppy.
Running on an Advent laptop 7081 with wired internet connection.
Apart from this all seems to work.
Regards