Can't get rid of a file - deleted file keeps coming back!

Booting, installing, newbie
consentient

Can't get rid of a file - deleted file keeps coming back!

#1 Post by consentient »

OK so here's the problem.

There is an AVI file in the root of my file system. As in, it's not in any folder, just there with all the other highest level folders.

So there is /bin, /usr, /opt etc and then of course some .pet.specs and other bits and pieces, and this AVI.

I think it first arrived there when I mistakenly pointed Tixati at it, rather than a more appropriate Download location.

But everytime I delete it, it comes back, on boot I think.

What do I have to do to get rid of it. It's not a complete AVI as it didnt download fully. I don't want it, and it's using up a lot of space.

Why can't I zap it?

Thanks.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Which version of Puppy? Are you running it from a full install, frugal install or what?

Barkin

Re: Can't get rid of a file - deleted file keeps coming back!

#3 Post by Barkin »

consentient wrote:... file in the root of my file system. As in, it's not in any folder, just there with all the other highest level folders.

But everytime I delete it, it comes back, on boot I think..
I had that problem, puppy forum member "SFR" gave me the solution ... http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=665149#665149

consentient

#4 Post by consentient »

Thanks very much. I am still getting to used to Puppy, so learning things like this is quite informative. Thanks for linking to the thread rather than just copy and pasting the solution. :)