How to print with HP Deskjet D1660? (SOLVED)

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
retepshiels

How to print with HP Deskjet D1660? (SOLVED)

#1 Post by retepshiels »

Hi, using some of the other distros for some time (PCLINUXOS) - but needing to use PUPPY on older PC's. ... very impressed ... small but packs a punch ... Having difficulty with bits and bobs ... but able to find my way around most things with tweaking ... stumped with a new HP Deskjet D1660 that I just bought ... cant get it to work ... using Puppy 4.3.1 - tried CUPS, tried the hplip driver download also ... still nothing ... except when I get close the power button on the HP flickers ... but no printout. Have tried the HP Deskjet 1660, in CUPS, which seems to be the nearest to my printer ... but no joy. Got an old OKI Lazer working a few minutes ago (so I can get a printer working - just not this one). I am guessing that I need a brand new driver ... or match in CUPS ... has any righteous due (or dude-ette) managed to get a HP Deskjet D1660 working on Puppy 4.3.1.

Thanks
retep
There can be only the One, Highlander (1Timothy 2:5)
Last edited by retepshiels on Wed 03 Feb 2010, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Try the latest HPIJS package from here. It has an entry for your D1660. Login using the name "puppy" and password "linux". This site is often busy and you may need several tries to connect.

retepshiels

#3 Post by retepshiels »

thanks ... will try tomorrow when I am back in work and let you know what happens.

retep
"Who do you say that I am." Matt 16:15

retepshiels

HP Deskjet D1660 (Solved)

#4 Post by retepshiels »

Worked like a charm (I used the HP Deskjet D1660 driver - watch out for the Deskjet 1660 ... it will not work). Thanks again ...

retep
The Wind blows where It wills John 3:8