Best program for managing photos in Puppy?

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
mikeslr

Both XP's XnView and photoscape run well under Wine

#46 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

Not being a purist, I'm not opposed to running Wine or Wine-portable and using XP applications. Both XP versions of XnView and photoscape run well under wine(portable). Between the two you can do almost anything you want with photos; with two exceptions -- upload those photos to your online web galleries, or download them from those galleries.

In theory, at least, shotwell can "Share to major Web services, including Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube", and with some effort, google-photos. See, http://askubuntu.com/questions/676721/h ... ogle-photo, starting about half-way down the webpage.

The reason I haven't fully tested shotwell is that my wife is the photographer of the family (if I ignore my son, David, who is a professional videographer), So a couple years ago it occurred to me that the only photos I need to take are those of my wife and landscapes -- she's not into them. And I have no reason to upload any of those. Shotwell was built on the slim change and perhaps inducement to wean her off Windows.

mikesLr

smokey01

#47 Post by smokey01 »

Geeqie not bad either.