Alienjeff's IRC chat madness has to stop!

News, happenings
ttuuxxx

#16 Post by ttuuxxx »

Aitch wrote:Puppyite had good moments, too

sad to see his head get so large
Prepare to be Impressed!

Oh Dear! Did I break the law???

It was done to illustrate a flaw.... :wink:

Ref:http://www.puppylinuxfaq.org/

Aitch :)
lol what crap is that, breaking the law, lol when everything is gpl, really Gerald Carrol wakey wakey. wonder how he got all the information? hmmm he must of copied some of it and if everyone where he copied considered it breaking the law, where would puppy be ? a distro with guides or how to locked up on a forum in the middle of nowhere.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

tlchost

Re: Pay attention

#17 Post by tlchost »

Drone-87401 wrote:if you really wanna know how to handle people whom are acting like fools on the IRC, just go [url=http://www.mypuppylinux.com/][
The people who are chewing you out seldom have no life and have to live vicariously through their computers
Could the same be said for some forum members?

I think the statement from the site has a logical and/or gramatical error.
Since you seem to care about the IRC channel you might want to alert the webmaster of the error.

The language in the IRC article is really a credit to the Puppy Community...shows a great command of the langauge and a keen sense of branding.

I'm wondering what cheese goes best with the whine?

Thom

cthisbear

#18 Post by cthisbear »

Drone:

I don't think that imagery and post is the right way to go about it.

Not a good reflection on Puppy.

You could put a warning and direct them to the New User part
of this forum....that's OK.
Yo can rant here....that's OK.

But your site is representing Puppy.
John Murga does not Blast Off too often.
He keeps it cool.
Barry Kauler hardly ever says anything.
Just does it in releases of Puppy, Quirky and bugs etc.

We could do without the apparent Looniness of that other place.
But on our own official and unofficial sites we are better off
being low key.

Chris.

Drone-87401

???

#19 Post by Drone-87401 »

First off, my part with Puppy Linux is done; I'm out - I only host peoples files. As for whining? No, I am not whining; I am just issuing a warning to new users about the "jerks" that lurk around the IRC (where help is supposed to be dispensed) and just give innocent people hell. I don't care about Murga or Barry for that matter at all; all they had a hand in is creating a stripped down linux version - so in that aspect I don't care. MyPuppyLinux is simply a blog & hosting site (as it host about 374 members blog sites.) Like Mr. Alienjeff, we all have the freedom of speech (wheter it be good or bad) I am just stating my opinion. The first time I ever got on the IRC my race, language and family were made fun of; and called negative names by him so as far for him I have no love lost. Secondly it was because of his attitude that he lost the Puppy Linux community a great service with my hosting services (over 417 accounts have now been turned away at mypuppylinux.) As long as the powers that be allow him to act like an idiot and use profanities at people I will never have a part with Puppy; I'll stick to a real dsitro such as Ubuntu (Alienjeff free.)

ttuuxxx

#20 Post by ttuuxxx »

Listen Drone-87401, I've had it out with alienjeff a few times,alienjeff is 100% pure jerk-a-holic
but I'm still here, he's one of 22,000 registered users, Really 1,2,4 series wasn't based on other distros, well 4 series was T2, but that isn't considered a distro, woof(series 5) is a way out for Barry so he can do other ground breaking things like Quirky. Puppy is a real distro, a real as it gets, and also Ubuntu has jerks also, they just have better control over the help chat, If you wanted to do something noble start a new freenode chat and only have half descent admins. But hey if you want to runaway feel free, Alienjeff users Arch Linux, so make sure you don't go there either. The world is a large place there's no need to get caught-up by one jerk, heck just stick to the forum like most do, then you can ignore responses.
ttuuxxx

Ps Ubuntu doesn't have a community like puppy.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

tlchost

Re: ???

#21 Post by tlchost »

Drone-87401 wrote: Secondly it was because of his attitude that he lost the Puppy Linux community a great service with my hosting services (over 417 accounts have now been turned away at mypuppylinux.)
Great! Because of your dislike for alienjeff you decide to punish an entire community? Amazing.

Drone-87401

#22 Post by Drone-87401 »

tlchost wrote:
Drone-87401 wrote: Secondly it was because of his attitude that he lost the Puppy Linux community a great service with my hosting services (over 417 accounts have now been turned away at mypuppylinux.)
Great! Because of your dislike for alienjeff you decide to punish an entire community? Amazing.
Wouldn't really call it punishment for Puppy users. His actions can only account for about 2% of my recent seperation from the project. My other work with JoliCloud and Ubuntu are pretty much keeping me busy 24/7 these days. I just approved 50 more accounts on my website: http://www.mypuppylinux.com/ I recently invested several thousand dollars into the Puppy Linux (servers, tools etc....) I still have about 135 Terrabytes set aside for Puppy development on my server (as soon as it's filled I will be content.) I still plan to release my 64-bit versions of Puppy 4.31, 64-bit dPup and 64-bit Quirky builds w/in the next couple of weeks. I am currently seeking an administrator to take over the website right now; but so far all applicants have been not very qualified. As far as the other is concerned, the IRC #puppylinux is pretty much embedded in Puppy Linux as it stands now; and that is where they will get their first impressions about it. I can't change that, I could easily start a new Puppy Linux IRC, but not really anyway to spread the word about that to the public.

tlchost

#23 Post by tlchost »

Drone-87401 wrote:Secondly it was because of his attitude that he lost the Puppy Linux community a great service with my hosting services (over 417 accounts have now been turned away at mypuppylinux.)
Drone-87401 wrote: Wouldn't really call it punishment for Puppy users. His actions can only account for about 2% of my recent seperation from the project.
Your first statement wasn't clear how minimal his effect had been.
I recently invested several thousand dollars into the Puppy Linux (servers, tools etc....)
And ALL of that was for Puppy.....that's quite a large investment for what you called "a stripped down linux version."
As far as the other is concerned, the IRC #puppylinux is pretty much embedded in Puppy Linux as it stands now; and that is where they will get their first impressions about it. I can't change that, I could easily start a new Puppy Linux IRC, but not really anyway to spread the word about that to the public.
Yep.....it would take under 60 seconds to start a new channel and register it. And then you could convince the "powers to be" to advertise your channel. Of course you could convince the "Powers that be" to make you a Channel Operator, and clean up #puppylinux...that way no documentation, wiki pages or links would have to be changed. I suppose another avenue would be to lead by example....become the answerer of questions, hand holder to all, corrector of the bad guys. But if you did, you'd no longer be able to pronounce:
As long as the powers that be allow him to act like an idiot and use profanities at people I will never have a part with Puppy
As far as first impressions go, I suspect more folks visit this forum, others and wiki pages than #puppylinux for their first impressions.

Apparently you've had a change of heart....alienjeff is still on #puppylinux and you're still there too. Nice to see you removed the inflamatory content from your web site.

abushcrafter

#24 Post by abushcrafter »

nitehawk wrote:Ah well,...think that's bad,...you should see what a former
(banned) member of the Puppy kennels (Puppyrite)...is doing
over on the Linuxquestions.org forum:
http://tinyurl.com/ybt3s85
..sad to see some folks are making Puppy look bad to
the public at large.
I don't have any thing against what Puppyrite has written.

abushcrafter

#25 Post by abushcrafter »

I fought that was a good joke, well it made me :). However I can see that it can course confusion so it probably should stop which is a shame in a way :(.

btw if we are not careful we will end up with flipping lazy idiots who don't read any documentation :x! Look at http://portableapps.com forums and you will see what I mean :(.

abushcrafter

#26 Post by abushcrafter »

Drone-87401 wrote:First off, my part with Puppy Linux is done; I'm out - I only host peoples files. As for whining? No, I am not whining; I am just issuing a warning to new users about the "jerks" that lurk around the IRC (where help is supposed to be dispensed) and just give innocent people hell. I don't care about Murga or Barry for that matter at all; all they had a hand in is creating a stripped down linux version - so in that aspect I don't care. MyPuppyLinux is simply a blog & hosting site (as it host about 374 members blog sites.) Like Mr. Alienjeff, we all have the freedom of speech (wheter it be good or bad) I am just stating my opinion. The first time I ever got on the IRC my race, language and family were made fun of; and called negative names by him so as far for him I have no love lost. Secondly it was because of his attitude that he lost the Puppy Linux community a great service with my hosting services (over 417 accounts have now been turned away at mypuppylinux.) As long as the powers that be allow him to act like an idiot and use profanities at people I will never have a part with Puppy; I'll stick to a real dsitro such as Ubuntu (Alienjeff free.)
Did he really do that? If so he is a Bloody Lump Of Evil :twisted:!

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#27 Post by Lobster »

The first time I ever got on the IRC my race, language and family were made fun of; and called negative names
Klingons are welcome at Puppy. :)

When people are hurt or damaged, they externalise
and redirect.
Sometimes when you understand someone who
can not face themselves, except distorted in others
you have compassion for the issues they are to weak
to address.

Jeff has helped many to get their Linux systems working.
That does not mean you should tolerate
racism or bigotry. :cry:

However you are an able person
and a solution has been suggested.
Maybe you can come up with others.

I would sincerely suggest that weak people
are abusive and unkind because of pain
Jeff is too weak and old to change
or find a boyfriend to keep him occupied. :wink:

However you are able to do something.
All he can do is yelp, snap, growl
and froth.
Very sad.

Whatever you decide.
Live Long and Prosper. :D
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

rjbrewer

#28 Post by rjbrewer »

Lobster wrote: Jeff is too weak and old to change
or find a boyfriend to keep him occupied. :wink:
Apparently he did find a boyfriend to keep him occupied.
The picture of the two of them he posted on the forum, should
make him "persona non grata" anywhere on the internet.

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

shariebeth

#29 Post by shariebeth »

I just saw this thread now, and given what I witnessed yesterday, I feel the need to comment as a new puppy user who uses #puppylinux channel.

I downloaded 4.3.1 and setup pidgin a month or so ago, which included an irc account automatically logged into #puppylinux. I generally leave it on and being a total novice, decided to just watch and lurk for a while before making a total idiot of myself by asking silly questions. I have seen the incident in question from the first post (and I admit, I laughed, it was amusing), and other incidents since.

I am curious mostly, as to why that incident is so considerably less welcoming than a good half hour of a constant stream of standing tall and other prescription medication jokes including but not limited to (names omitted because it's not important and I like these people, this just happens to be the most recent and easiest logs to dig up)
"standing tall and bacardi merge: pour yourself a stiff one"
standing tall and coke: mount and do
standing tall and wendy's: heres the beef
you know what the active ingredient in standing tall is? fix a flat

Now let me point out, other than the fact some newbies logged in, asked a question, got no answer, logged off, I have no issue with the above conversation. But what makes that better for newbies than the stuff in the first post?

I also have seen another person bait and button push alienjeff into retaliating. Obviously there is previous bad blood there and I think that we all can agree that should probably not be publicly aired in a help channel. But this other person, not alienjeff, is the one who disolved into a spam of verbal gestures involving cursing obscenities I won't repeat (makes the standing tall stuff look good) and that isn't a turnoff to newbies? And who got kicked?

I have enjoyed #puppylinux, and it's relaxed environment. Most help channels are stuffy and one is generally afraid to ask something or get excited if something works. No matter what you think of alienjeff's flaws, nobody can match his time commitment or knowledge base in that channel. No matter what he was doing or saying, he always stopped and answered every question he saw, from the simplest and "dumbest" to the most complex and time consuming answers. (Rupp you are great too).

It is a bit sad, I don't know any of these people other than my month or so here, yet the channel seems empty and lacking now since yesterday morning. It is a shame that some personal conflicts are making their way to the public channel.

Edit: Sorry, I see the poisonous crap substitution, didn't mean to post a bad word.

trapster

#30 Post by trapster »

Soooo...no chance in getting my money back??
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

dejan555

#31 Post by dejan555 »

I banned alienjeff few days ago for the second time.
First time was previous week and after few days ban was removed by some other Chanop that aparently doesn't mind alienjeff's behaviour, and will be probably unbanned again. For those who miss him you can visit him on his arch channel on freenode. Rupp is not banned, he is welcome to join channel from my part but he decided to leave himself because he believes banning alienjeff was wrong.

Just to point this out:
Saturn's chat log from first post was obviously a joke and I didn't ban him for that but for his constant bad behaviour towards users.

Yes, he also helps sometimes when he has enough will to but most of other time he throws bad comments and insults directly toward users, calls them stupid and "ubuntards" and this goes on since I first joined #puppylinux. Many other people in channel obviously find this funny but that's not way to make jokes.

Also, I'd like to call more people here from forum to join sometimes especially more knowledgable users if you really want to help.

Cheers, Dejan.
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

tlchost

#32 Post by tlchost »

trapster wrote:Soooo...no chance in getting my money back??
You need to read the conditions of your support contract.

Aitch

#33 Post by Aitch »

dejan,

I do go to IRC occasionally, but find the sheer speed, and disconnectedness of some comments to puppy, a bit daunting, even if funny :wink:
There's a different kinda counterculture on IRC which is why some people prefer it - and it takes awhile to adjust
I honestly don't think banning one of the best puppy/linux helpers is a good idea, as there are too few on there already, and hope both AJ & Rupp will return, as my experience of both of them was what I would call 'helpful to noobies with a thick skin'
I find people with quick minds often have poor people skills and low tolerance of snails :wink:

trapster :lol: :lol: if you succeed, can I go halves?

Aitch :)

tlchost

#34 Post by tlchost »

Aitch wrote: I honestly don't think banning one of the best puppy/linux helpers is a good idea
But it's a safe idea....helps keep the riff-raff out of the channel...and gives a great opportunity for the self-righteous to pile on even more...without running afoul of the Channel Operators...who are even labeled as part of the problem:

"Operators fail to deal with these problems, therefore they can not be trusted either."

Perhaps public condemnation is an effective tool to get what one wants?

From time to time folks complain about the IRC channel....and there doesn't seem to be enough motivation to create a channel devoid of the problems they note...where they can offer help.

One wonders if such a channel were created and nurtured if "the powers that be" would promote that channel instead of #puppylinux.

dejan555

#35 Post by dejan555 »

@Aitch
I think I've had all the tolerance for alienjeff someone can have. But I can't stand it anymore. Channel founders will have to remove my op priviledges if they want him there or if he continues acting that way.

Also not everyone has big level of tolerance and users with "tin skin" also need a chance. Sometimes users join right in the middle of those fights with alienjeff and first they read is cursing and bad atmosphere or they get judged and insulted because he doesn't like what they say most of the time those are some trivial or not very clever statements that doesn't insult him or anyone else. I even had to kick or ban few users that started fight with him. That's just wrong.

@tlchost
Oh trust me I saw that post and has nothing to do with me publicaly condemned, I don't care what someone will write or say you know there were similar threads on forum before this one too, I just did what I felt right.

Cheers, Dejan
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]