I will use this thread to blog my experiences so far:
First I tried is EasyPeasy 1.5 (based on Ubuntu 9.04 / jaunty):
- I used their proposed method of install (usb-stick)
- WLAN did work out of the box.
- My UMTS/3G Module is detected by NetworkManager but I havent tested connecting.
- update sources didnt work. i had to :
sudo apt-get clean && sudo mv /var/lib/apt/lists /var/lib/apt/lists.old && sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/apt/lists/partial && sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get update
- Sound / internal mic / skype worked after update. I had to install padevchooser and tweak it + pavucontrol. Man, I hate these sound issues with linux. I REALLY makes me wanna go back to the dark side!
- Webcam: great!
- Touchpad and usb-mous great!
- Keyboard: Sound, sleep, mute, toggle touchpad and brightness worked. Several others had no effect (or I just didnt knwo what they did, for one of the those keys crippled my keyboard-mapping)
- Sleep/Recover: great.
Finally I knew that karmic(9.10) is buggy so I took the right descision with easypeasy based on jaunty (9.04), it just works out everything (after a little bit of tweaking). BUT Ubuntu is slow, very slow. There is enough space on my drive for more partitions....