Quirky 010 feedback

Please post any bugs you have found
OverDrive

#121 Post by OverDrive »

Micko, Yes from the bottom of page 7. I copied it over the existing file....

Seeing as it didn't work on both SNS and Network Wizard, I'm thinking this maybe a b43 problem....
Instant Puppy Fan!!!

`f00

#122 Post by `f00 »

Coldboot is still somewhat of an issue for me (using liveCD of q010 with usb savefile, even blanked the liveCD and reburned it as non-multi since I've decided to keep on trying with that method) - a coldboot using the q010 disc almost invariably goes to the initial kybd/locale/tz rather than finding the usb savefile or responding to puppy [option(s)] .. once it kernel panic'd :| (some background, my bios is one of those relics that doesn't support usb-boot, only floppy/disc/hdd - I prefer disc, floppy and grub have always been rather hit-miss for my limited skillset). Not sure at what point and under what circumstances to try using the "killall acpid" command - is it necessary for a 'proper' hardoff or more of a testing of q010's newish protocols? Use any other pup to coldboot, then reboot with q010 disc/stick is as expected (kind of awkward, but it works).

Very minor - I usually reset pupx, Screensavertab, Delay: 1800 (1/2 hr to blank rather than 10 min) .. but it seems to disregard that and blanks at 600? pupx cpl ui looks fine and have tried variations but the 10 min blank doesn't change. Another smallish glitch (and yes, I checked the usual globicon rules in /root dir), rox sometimes doesn't display selected icon(s) for a particular OpenWith sym :| and seems to regard .mht webarchive type as plaintext rather than what it is (pretty sure Warren had that fixed at one time but it may have gotten lost in the mimetypes shuffle and possible specialization - as far as I can tell, only opera and ie display this type properly but perhaps other browsers might by now).

save2flash in-session is another (minor) quandary. Does it require a 'normal' jwm/rox/pinboard/'ticked'-eventmanager to work properly? I seldom use the driveicons anymore and rox' pinboard is pretty much off-as-default for me - trying save2flash only results in the yellow YAFsplash (which stays up 'til forcibly killed) and the /tmp/snapmergerequest markerfile. pup_event_frontend_d doesn't seem to act on it... (not a big deal if it's the save/no-save mod to /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown that's interfering with it, I'd rather have the choice to save/no-save and simply reboot to save2flash than reset my personal setup to conform with 'normal' roxpin&etc).

Bunches of stuff in the lost+found dirs (interesting but I pretty much leave alone) - what causes the creation of these dirs/files?

Other than that, q010's coming along nicely for me.

___edit-addenda
Thank you for the pointer, Barry - will check further (and yes, my q010 is a bit different - several wms&etc so some few standards of a normal rox/jwm setup have been made 'on-demand' to suit the various natures of whichever wm/environment is in use like e-16 or wmx and so forth).
Last edited by `f00 on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#123 Post by BarryK »

I recently did a test install of Quirky 010 to usb flash, and I found that the 'save' icon on the desktop works fine.

So, I don't know why there is a report that it doesn't work.

Oh, one thing, the pup_event_frontend_d script does check if time-critical apps are running. If so, won't do things like saving until they are finished. ...took a quick look at the script, the check is line 748.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

OverDrive

#124 Post by OverDrive »

Hello, Disregard my SNS post about not being able to log in to my network.

Somehow my key text file that I store in Home lost a character. So I was not copy/pasting the correct key. into SNS. :oops:

It does work fine and the wl driver has faster network throughput than the b43 driver in 4.3.1std.

OverDrive
Instant Puppy Fan!!!

`f00

#125 Post by `f00 »

..not bugs per se

Just some light screenies today (after doing the pixman-0.17.14-q 'fix' - q010 already had a less recent pixman libset).
1st one's an embed Image
afterstep 56k
e16 168k
fluxbox 63k
jwm with xcompmgr 203k
jwm 80k

___addenda-edit-100403___
Not a 'problem' but just to confirm new output of report-video version 100401. xorg.conf file in q010 was directly editable at boot to 'known good' values of previous xorg.conf files (and retained user-edits).

VIDEO REPORT: Quirky, version 010

Chip description:
01:09.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE] (Secondary) (rev 01)
02:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200] (Secondary) (rev 01)

Driver used by Xorg:
ati

Video mode used by Xorg:
Resolution: 1024x768 Depth: 24

.. once again, appreciate the efforts :)