DuDE-0.4.1

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
zigbert

#16 Post by zigbert »

Jim
I would really like some feedback from you. - what output do you get if you execute 'ptray' in terminal?

Version 0.2 is not close. - A lot to do first, and my time is limited.

Sigmund

Jim1911

#17 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi zigbert,

I've upgraded to lupu-004, DuDE works fine on it but has a different problem so far. This is even more serious because the Shutdown menus are broken. I have the shutdown menu set up to appear on mouse-wheel down. It appears properly, but the buttons do not respond. Same thing with the Leave selection on the Menu. However, Ctrl > Alt >Backspace executes the button action that was pressed. Exit to prompt is the ony button that executes and it apparently acts the same as Ctrl > Alt > Backspace by executing the action of the last button that was pressed.

Tray functions work properly.

EDIT: I have also installed the same dude-0.1.pet in Official 4.3.2 v3 and it is working flawlessly.

I really like the flexibility that you've built in to adjust the menus. It has always been a headache to get what you want to appear on the menus. I hope that this will be included in Puppy 5, however, playdayz has announced a feature freeze. Great work developing the pcc.

Jim
Last edited by Jim1911 on Wed 07 Apr 2010, 00:34, edited 3 times in total.

jpeps

#18 Post by jpeps »

Desktop working nicely everywhere I've tried it (official, experimental, pre-alpha, etc.....). Hope it continues to stay in development.

joel

#19 Post by joel »

Hey I have found some "bugs". I only call them that because i don't know what else to. But in the Pmenu when selecting clock skins, if you have a lot of them they are not all displayed and it is impossible to scroll through the list. Any movement from the mouse makes the menu disappear. So essentially I can only select those which are in the view of the screen. I posted a screen shot of it below. Notice after D32.png it is cut off and moving the mouse over it just closes the menu. I also tried using the down arrow, but it doesn't work.

This only happens when clicking the + symbols. I can of course add it the manual way but then I cannot add a particular clock skin to the global theme. How could I fix this because I very much like to change my clock skins, etc often and like a large variety. This makes the global theme option (which is a great idea and I would like to use) obsolete.

This also happens in Stardust 13.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

zigbert

#20 Post by zigbert »

jpeps wrote:Hope it continues to stay in development.
I do some improvements as I find bottlenecks. But, now when next generation of Puppy is trying openbox/fbpanel and maybe icewm, Stardust (DuDE) might float down the drain...... But that is how it should be. No kingdom will last for infinity.

Sigmund

zigbert

#21 Post by zigbert »

joel wrote:But in the Pmenu when selecting clock skins, if you have a lot of them they are not all displayed and it is impossible to scroll through the list. Any movement from the mouse makes the menu disappear.
I see (not Pmenu, but Ptheme).
The menu you refer to, is purely homemade (gtkdialog doesn't support external menus by default), and I had not your issue in mind when building it. At this moment, I don't see any easy way to fix it - to show a scrollbar if the menu is taller than the screen.

hmmmm
Sigmund

01micko

#22 Post by 01micko »

Ha!

Infinity is a long way off... (see PM) :lol:

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

zigbert

#23 Post by zigbert »

Hi Mick

You are doing great stuff these days. Thanks alot for all your effort !!!!!

I tested the latest jwm-build in lupu, and it really improves the situation......from no transparency in menu-icons to small shades on some of them.

01micko

#24 Post by 01micko »

ha..haha!

You need to get rid of the libpixman fix... this shot is on lupu-002.. it is fixed I tells ya! :lol:

Cheers :D
Attachments
dude.png
(30.57 KiB) Downloaded 2212 times

zigbert

#25 Post by zigbert »

Jwm forever :D

01micko

#26 Post by 01micko »

Now onto DuDE...

Xmessage is showing window decorations.. can you add the stuff in .jwmrc for that please? Or not. Entirely up yo you, but I prefer to add it.

Thanks

Cheers

Mick :)

joel

#27 Post by joel »

Ok, well as a work around I just moved some of my clock skins out of the folder for the time being. It seems on my resolution of 1024x768 I can have 30 displayed properly max.

Is there any reason I cannot type the name of the clock skin into the bar? After selecting one a file name is there but it is not possible to type it. I though perhaps if I couldn't see a skin in the menu to select it then possibly i could just enter the file name if i knew it, but alas.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

Jim1911

#28 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi zigbert,

DuDE works fine on lupu-005 and lupu-006 none of the problems that were experienced with 003 & 004. So it was lupu, not DuDE.

Cheers,
Jim

Jim1911

#29 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi zigbert,

Bad news, the problem noted earlier with 003 has returned with Lucid puppy 007 and is still in 008. The PCC Desktop Trays button does not function. Also, the Edit tray button in the top mention does not work. The tray files can be edited manually. This problem occurred with a new 3fs save file created to test DuDE. Executing ptray in a console gives this error:

Code: Select all

# ptray
** ERROR **: gtkdialog: Error in line 355, near token 'string': syntax error
aborting...
lupu-008 has an additional problem. If the programs menu is set to be activated by a left mouse click, clicking on a desktop icon will bring up the programs menu instead of executing the desktop icon. Something to do with pointer focus.

Is Version 0.2 ready for tests, or do we need to try to sort out the problem with this version?

Thanks for providing us with this powerful tool for customizing our desktops.

Cheers,
Jim

zigbert

#30 Post by zigbert »

01micko wrote:Xmessage is showing window decorations.. can you add the stuff in .jwmrc for that please? Or not. Entirely up yo you, but I prefer to add it.
I don't know if that is a too good idea, since Barry and others uses xdialog in their scripts. It might interfere with their intentions.

Sigmund

zigbert

#31 Post by zigbert »

joel wrote:Is there any reason I cannot type the name of the clock skin into the bar? After selecting one a file name is there but it is not possible to type it. I though perhaps if I couldn't see a skin in the menu to select it then possibly i could just enter the file name if i knew it, but alas.
I will add this onto my Pwidgets todo-list

Sigmund

zigbert

#32 Post by zigbert »

Jim1911 wrote:Hi zigbert,

Bad news, the problem noted earlier with 003 has returned with Lucid puppy 007 and is still in 008. The PCC Desktop Trays button does not function. Also, the Edit tray button in the top mention does not work. The tray files can be edited manually. This problem occurred with a new 3fs save file created to test DuDE.

lupu-008 has an additional problem. If the programs menu is set to be activated by a left mouse click, clicking on a desktop icon will bring up the programs menu instead of executing the desktop icon. Something to do with pointer focus.
Hi Jim
Thank you for taking the effort to report these problems. My plan is to release DuDE 0.2 around the time Puppy 5 is arriving. I still focus on new features, and will wait for a stable Puppy before I start testing..... That means I have some evenings before we switch to a feature-freeze.

Let's hope the problems in Lupuhas a simple solution. Playdayz might have forgotten to include the correct gtkdialog/jwm package.

Sigmund

zigbert

#33 Post by zigbert »

Jim1911

#34 Post by Jim1911 »

zigbert wrote:Thank you for taking the effort to report these problems. My plan is to release DuDE 0.2 around the time Puppy 5 is arriving. I still focus on new features, and will wait for a stable Puppy before I start testing..... That means I have some evenings before we switch to a feature-freeze.
Good plan, DuDE worked perfectly in 006, then gave problems in 007 and 008, and now there is an 000 experimental out (3 releases in 2 days). I'm still going to try it though, at least I'm learning how to use it, and love it.

Cheers,
Jim

01micko

#35 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote: Let's hope the problems in Lupuhas a simple solution. Playdayz might have forgotten to include the correct gtkdialog/jwm package.

Sigmund
Hi Sigmund

Playdayz currently has an older gtkdialog in Lupu. I have compiled the Patriot edition and I'm sure it will be in the final. He's very busy just getting the thing to work correctly for all and doing a fine job. I'll mention it again soon.

JWM is now up to revision 490 by Joe. I have not compiled this yet, but Dougal reported on Barry's blog that it is good and fixed many minor issues.

Rox is still has a problem in Lupu but that is fixed for the next version.

Hopefully DuDE can play nicely in Lupu very soon.

Cheers

Mick