DuDE-0.4.1

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
DC

#91 Post by DC »

Hi jim1911,

The numlockx I posted in
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 4&start=30

was "borrowed" from ubunto64 this might be different.

I've just tried the numlockx from the pet you posted above.
In fatdog64 b3 and it works from the command line ok.

I do have the source for version 1.2 if you want to try compling your own.

DC

zigbert

#92 Post by zigbert »

Hi guys
I'll make an attempt to include numlockx for DuDE 0.3. Hopefully, I get some feedback if it works.

Thank you both
Sigmund

zigbert

#93 Post by zigbert »

Jim
I guess your fixed esword .desktop file works just great, but my intention is that any .desktop file should work with DuDE. But, it is maybe only in the Puppy-world that Exec value of .desktop files is straightforward?????????

Sigmund

Jim1911

#94 Post by Jim1911 »

zigbert wrote:Jim
I guess your fixed esword .desktop file works just great, but my intention is that any .desktop file should work with DuDE. But, it is maybe only in the Puppy-world that Exec value of .desktop files is straightforward?????????
Sigmund
The only workaround that I can foresee is for DuDE to check the application desktop files for

Code: Select all

Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/root/.wine" wine "C:\\Program Files\\xxxxx\\xxxxx.exe"
(possibly just search for *.exe) and if found to create an excutable xxxxx.sh file containing the complete Exec code line, copy it to /usr/bin, and modify the xxxxx.desktop file Exec line to read

Exec=xxxxx.sh
which is what I did manually. It should be possible, but it's a lot to ask. Maybe the solution is to include a wine readme that informs the user what needs to be done and let the user do a manual edit.

Jim1911

#95 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi zigbert,

Another problem to ponder. DuDE has a conflict with lupu Quickpet update.

I have noted this Quickpet update problem for the last few lupu releases and finally determined that DuDE is the conflicting program. It's reported here. Any assistance will be welcomed.

Thanks,
Jim

DaveS

Interesting little bug

#96 Post by DaveS »

OK, so here is an interesting little bug. If i click on /usr/share/applications/seamonkey-web-browser and select 'add to favourites', I get a link inserted that says Seamonkey-Addressbook! , but the link loads Seamonkey Browser :)
If I go into usr/share/applications/seamonkey-addressbook.desktop and edit the description to just Seamonkey, then the link text in 'favorites' shows as just 'Seamonkey'.
My guess is, the link loads into 'favorites' correctly, but the database, when looking for text for the link picks up the first 'seamonkey' entry it finds, which is 'seamonkey-addressbook' and lifts the text from that.
Attachments
adrsbook.png
(16 KiB) Downloaded 933 times
desktops.png
(7.55 KiB) Downloaded 899 times
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

zigbert

#97 Post by zigbert »

Jim1911 wrote:
zigbert wrote:Jim
Sigmund
The only workaround that I can foresee is for DuDE to check the application desktop files for

Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/root/.wine" wine "C:\\Program Files\\xxxxx\\xxxxx.exe"
(possibly just search for *.exe) and if found to create an excutable xxxxx.sh file containing the complete Exec code line, copy it to /usr/bin, and modify the xxxxx.desktop file Exec line to read

Exec=xxxxx.sh
which is what I did manually. It should be possible, but it's a lot to ask. Maybe the solution is to include a wine readme that informs the user what needs to be done and let the user do a manual edit.
F I X E D

Jim1911

#98 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi zigbert,

Great, looking forward to next release. However, it's already a great addition to a jwm desktop.

Thanks,
Jim :D

Jim1911

#99 Post by Jim1911 »

I think that DaveS has pinpointed what happens with the name when sol is selected as a favorite that I posted earlier. That's the reason, it winds up with wrong names although the desired program does execute and the icon shows up correctly. It shows up this time as "Xsoldier - space arcade" instead of Aisleriot solitaire.

zigbert

#100 Post by zigbert »

Jim1911 wrote:Another problem to ponder. DuDE has a conflict with lupu Quickpet update.

I have noted this Quickpet update problem for the last few lupu releases and finally determined that DuDE is the conflicting program. It's reported here. Any assistance will be welcomed.
01micko wrote:Jim, I may revert to just opening a web browser and that's all for the update. That will fix your issue and the DuDE is too important (for me anyways Wink ) to drop. I can't quite get a handle on why it isn't working, But we can leave that for the future as stability is paramount at the moment.
Mick, if you find Quickpet to not be the problem, please tell me.....

Sigmund

zigbert

#101 Post by zigbert »

Jim and Dave

I will look at the 'description' issue of the Favorites menu....... No more time today........see you tomorrow :)

Sigmund

01micko

#102 Post by 01micko »

It's a Quickpet problem ziggy, so don't you waste your time :)

I have a work around in place for Jim (and DuDE) and he did let me know that it's ok.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

zigbert

#103 Post by zigbert »

Version 0.3
See main post - also second post is updated with further explanations

Changelog
- Ptheme does handle mouse themes - without restarting X.
- Pcur is improved and included into DuDE.
- Added mouse-themes: RedDot, aero and HaikuHand. Included into global themes.
- Added MicksClock. Start from bottom-right corner. (thanks to 01micko)
- Added numlockx, and integrated it with pcc (thanks to Jim1911 and DC)
- Paste content of Pnote using primary buffer. (thanks to seaside)
- Include icon2desk into pcc.
- Pnote can use different colors of background/font (thanks to jpeps)
- Increased width of jwm-window border (flat-grey) for easier window-sizing.
- Added tooltip in Ptray: how to move items in list (thanks to Jim1911)
- Maintray now built dynamically depending on your system.
- combined 'tray-services' and 'Standalone' groups in Ptray to 'Swallowed'.
- Pcc points to flsynclient if exist.
- Updated globicons for Quirky and lupu
- Updated ptheme, pnote, ptray, fixmenus, pcc
- Bugfix: fixmenus splitted 'Floppy - Formatter'
- Bugfix: let fixmenus look for subdirectories in /usr/share/applications (thanks to Jim1911)
- Bugfix: Show only available tray-services in Ptray.
- Bugfix: Use Pwireless or Pwireless2 in pcc (whatever is available)
- Bugfix: fixmenus failed when Exec value contained extended info (thanks to Jim1911)

zigbert

#104 Post by zigbert »

Jim and Dave
Your problems with getting wrong description in Favorites menu is not possible for me to reproduce. Neither in my Stardust 013 system nor on a fresh lupu. I know this problem happened earlier, but now seems to work ok. BUT, to get fresh descriptions, you need a fresh install. If you uninstall, please also remove whatever is left in /root/.stardust.

Sigmund

01micko

#105 Post by 01micko »

Sigmund

This is outstanding! And just when Lupu hits the shelves.

Great that Barry has reverted to JWM in Quirky too.

Ha! An app named after me! :lol: Works well too.

Did you read my rant in the Lupu thread? Mandriva refugees will love this.. for certain.

I'm just wondering.. did you already know about that yaf-splash font trick? You can use any installed font but some are certainly tricky to get going and some don't do the big size..

One suggestion for the next version and I should have mentioned it earlier. Can you integrate a button in the "Install" tab for Quickpet in PCC? It showed up in Favourites in the last version and I gather will do so again.

Oh, and one more thing. If you did read my rant you may know I now have a new fast box with AMD X2 processor that has 2 cores. We need to update the cpu_bar widget with Caneri's hack. I'm on to it :wink: .

This is fantastic. All the great features of 421, 431 and the added features of 500 all rolled together with the great new features you (and the other guys) have come up with.

Cheers

Mick :D
Attachments
lupu5-dude03.jpg
(28.45 KiB) Downloaded 888 times

Jim1911

#106 Post by Jim1911 »

zigbert wrote:Jim and Dave
Your problems with getting wrong description in Favorites menu is not possible for me to reproduce. Neither in my Stardust 013 system nor on a fresh lupu. I know this problem happened earlier, but now seems to work ok. BUT, to get fresh descriptions, you need a fresh install. If you uninstall, please also remove whatever is left in /root/.stardust.
Sigmund
Working great on a fresh install of Lucid Puppy-5.0. Above problem isn't showing up with this version. Haven't checked out all the new features, but so far it's working great. Didn't know what to expect with Micksclock, cool.

Thank you for DuDE,

01micko

#107 Post by 01micko »

Hmmmm... ( :wink: :P )

EDIT: It's ok now, the cat's out of the bag :P (hehe, I downloaded a bit early :wink: )
Attachments
q110d03.jpg
(27.48 KiB) Downloaded 405 times

Jim1911

#108 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi Mick,

Your clock needs a little more contrast, maybe yellow on black, or a light gray on black. Dark gray on black is too close for my old eyes to make out the time if it's across the room. Real cool clock.

Thanks,

DaveS

#109 Post by DaveS »

Got a bit crazy trying to get Lupu and Quirky to run on my stuff. Xorg/Intel crap. Gave up and re-built a new 4.3 with DuDE 0.3. Total JOY! Cursors are loads of fun. Still have the same junk naming (seamonkey-addressbook) etc. but hey, who cares :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

ejb

DUDE 0.3 fixmenus problem

#110 Post by ejb »

Zigbert,

Dude is a fantastic addition to the Puppy interface. I installed version 0.3 on top of a new lupu 500 frugal install. I also added several applications using sfs files. The apps in the sfs files do not show up in the favorites list. They are in the Puppy menus. This was working properly with dude-0.21. The apps do have .desktop files in /usr/share/applications.

As a test I copied the fixmenus from a dude-0.21 install and copied it to the dude-0.3 installation. Reran fixmenus and the apps showed up in the favorites list. This was working with 0.21.

Outside of this small problem, everything else I have tested is working great.

Thanks,
Ed