wine whine

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
VK6FUN

wine whine

#1 Post by VK6FUN »

hi

i been trying to get progecad smart to run with puppy 431/wine, as it is not 64bit and therefore won't run on my shiny new win7

the install runs ok but i get this error when i try to run the exe:

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"GLU32.dll": libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:module:import_dll Loading library GLU32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\progeSOFT\\progeCAD 2009 Smart! ENG\\icad.exe") failed (error c000007a).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\progeSOFT\\progeCAD 2009 Smart! ENG\\icad.exe" failed, status c0000135

am i in with a chance here or should i give up now??

heres a link for progecad. if you are an autocad jockey this is a very good clone with some cool features added
http://www.progesoft.us/index.pl?id=398 ... ry;op=show

cheers

pete vk6fun

doctorgig

#2 Post by doctorgig »

Works great with the wine built into lighthouse pup, This is a real nice autocad clone
THANKS

VK6FUN

#3 Post by VK6FUN »

it's good to know it can be done.

i'm kinda reluctant to change to "lighthouse pup" because i suspect it will be a lot of work trying to get my broadcom wireless card going.

i find linux is always crippled in some way and it takes a long time to get everything working. you get what you pay for.

as a professional drafty i will probly fork out the 500bux for the 64bit pro version, which is certainly $$$K cheaper than autodesk.

i used to be very naive and thought i could earn a living using linux.

i've learnt the hard way it's impossible. you can't be a tradesman with a toolbox full of second hand parts.

cheers

pete vk6fun