Anyone tried Puppy on a Dell Latitude CPt?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
SnowDog

Anyone tried Puppy on a Dell Latitude CPt?

#1 Post by SnowDog »

As per the title, I'm wondering if anyone has experience running puppy on one of these laptops & if there are any issues you know of?

I picked one up for pretty cheap with a 500Mhz Celeron & 128 Mb ram. with 98SE on it, but I think it'd be a nice little puppy box if it's compatible.

I have oodles of the latest distro's so I'm sure I can get some kind of penquin to work in there but dammit I really hate to fire up anything else anymore.

I have to use wifes machine with SUSE 10 for formatting my dvdrw's cuz pup spits em out. I really thought that suse was not bad when I first put it in there, but after getting spoiled by Puppy's speed.....I just don't wanna play with anything else now.

P.S. (hope barry don't get mad at me for this but)....
If anybody needs some Ubunu cd's & can't download em cuz of sucky connection, pay the shipping & I'll send ya one.

Thanks
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

kethd

#2 Post by kethd »

Dell Latitude CP/CPi require FrameBuffer, so need Xorg, which is included in 1.0.7.

Auda

#3 Post by Auda »

Puppy 0.98 runs fine and 102 does as well except that I have a x for a cursor rather than an arrow.

Auda

SnowDog

Update & more?

#4 Post by SnowDog »

Thanks for the replies guys.
I managed to find this page http://linux.oldcrank.com/tips/latitude/ today, I couldn't get there resterday for some reason, which has some info on this machine & linux.

I was wondering about the built in modem (if you guys use it at all, it's supposed to be a Actiontec 56k v90 winmodem) & what pcmcia lan cards or modems you use.
I have a 3CXM756 but I need to grab a lan for it.

Also, I can't seem to find whether this machine has any boot usb options?
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

#5 Post by Guest »

Sorry I've never use a modem in it.
Lan cards, I have used xircom edimax with out problems could find the models if you like.
There is no boot from usb that I know of

Auda