FFConvert - multimedia converter

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
SFR

Re: ffconvert start

#211 Post by SFR »

wrayc wrote:Sorry, new here

having ffconvert screen capture "start record" button missing

I see the fix is: PG="+$(($RW - $PW))+$(($RH - $PH))"

which file do we need to edit for this fix?

thanks in advance
It's /usr/bin/ffconvert, about line 1409.

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

wrayc

re:ffconvert video capture

#212 Post by wrayc »

Thanks so much

slavvo67

M4V to MP4

#213 Post by slavvo67 »

Does anyone know how to convert M4V to MP4. Which preset(s) work? I'm getting the error below with the latest FFConvert:

[buffer @ 0x807f8e0] Invalid pixel format string '-1'
Error opening filters!

shinobar

UPDATE: ffconvert-1.4.2

#214 Post by shinobar »

UPDATE: ffconvert-1.4.2.pet (2014-06-23)
http://shino.pos.to/linux/puppy/ or
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/opt/

#v1.4.2 - 19 June 2014: cleanup for multiusers(mcewanw)
# (SFR)fix was missing capture button, filename with special charactors, add framerate and sampling rate, fix typo
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

davids45

flipping upside down video?

#215 Post by davids45 »

G'day shinobar,

I believe, after a quick google, that ffmpeg can rotate video recorded from a phone/pad upside-down or at 90 degrees to normal.

Can ffconvert do this rotation as one of its conversion options or pre-sets? I want to view these on my desktop and the monitor is too heavy to hold upside down for too long :oops: .

Thanks,

David S.

shinobar

Re: flipping upside down video?

#216 Post by shinobar »

davids45 wrote:Can ffconvert do this rotation as one of its conversion options or pre-sets?
No preset.
I am not sure but try the advanced option. You can type additional options there.

davids45

-vf transpose= filter for rotating

#217 Post by davids45 »

G'day shinobar,

Thank you for the guidance in trying ffconvert-1.4 for rotating a video (taken on a smart-phone held the wrong way).

I added to the 'Advanced options' box, "-vf transpose=1" to rotate a short holiday .3gp video by 90 degrees. The converted video format I chose was mpeg4.

The new video was rotated correctly but the image quality was very pixelated. The original .3gp file was 60MB, the converted mpeg file just 8MB :shock: .

I tried adding the '-crf' parameter but this did not improve the image whatever value I used after the "-crf" ( tried 15 to 36 ).

Can you or anyone else suggest how to keep the image quality using the "transpose=" parameter with ffconvert?

With VLC, I can rotate as needed each video to watch it, but the file itself is still wrongly aligned.

Avidemux works very well (using the "Rotate" option in its "Filters" and its MP4 video option - new file is 50MB with good image quality and the right-way-up), so I can fix all my mis-aligned videos but would like to know more about ffconvert and how to use it also.

Thank you,
David S.

shinobar

Re: -vf transpose= filter for rotating

#218 Post by shinobar »

davids45 wrote:The new video was rotated correctly but the image quality was very pixelated. The original .3gp file was 60MB, the converted mpeg file just 8MB :shock:
How about increasing Video Bitrate?
Also choose X254 preset if you are going to make MPEG4-AVC.

What is your Puppy version?

davids45

Rotating Phone/tablet videos [SOLVED]

#219 Post by davids45 »

G'day shinobar,

Thank you for advising me to look at the Bit-rate of the ffconvert created file when rotating my upside-down and sideways holidays videos from my 'smart'-phone.

Poor quality transposed video from ffconvert was caused by my Bit-rate being set to 1000 - the original phone video was 9000 [which was being displayed in front of me by ffconvert during the conversion :oops: ] .

Setting the ffconvert Bit-rate to 3000 gives me very good .mp4 videos from my 9000-bit-rate .3gp originals.

For any other "old dogs" challenged by cameras & devices without viewfinders :evil: , so that videos can end up in any orientation on your monitor, the text to add into the 'Adv. options' box of ffconvert's 'Detail' tab for adjusting the original is:

-vf transpose=0 (rotate anti-clockwise 90 degrees and flip vertically; I think the leading '-vf' means a 'video filter' is being called)
-vf transpose=1 (rotate clockwise 90 degrees)
-vf transpose=2 (rotate anti-clockwise 90 degrees)
-vf transpose=3 (rotate clockwise 90 degrees and flip vertically)

-vf vflip,hflip (rotate 180 degrees - camera was upside down)

Working for me in slacko and tahr Pups so I'd expect this is good for any Pup running ffconvert-1.4.

For my .3gp video files, video codec=libx264, audio codec=libfaac, bit-rate=3000, to produce .mp4 files is a working combination among others.

Thanks again shinobar for your help and excellent multimedia package,

David S.

charlie6

[SOLVED] FFconvert-1.4.2 screen size field empty

#220 Post by charlie6 »

Hi shinobar,
thanks for this awesome app !
running FFconvert-1.4.2 on wheezy-3.5.2.11:
after having succesfully converted a video to .avi format, and wanting to perform a new conversion, i noticed that the guis screen size field kept being empty: no longer possible to select «same as source» or whatever resolution; definitely empty; even after un-and re-installing FFconvert.

fix:
Exiting FFconvert,
and afterwards deleting /root/.config/ffconvert/ffconvert.rc,
and re-starting FFconvert fixed the trick !

Greetings
Charlie

mikeslr

Can FFConvert be modified to also use avconv?

#221 Post by mikeslr »

Hi Shinobar:

With Ubuntu (and I think debian) now building using the avconv fork from ffmpeg, some newer Pups --those based on Ubuntu (and perhaps debian) binaries may lack ffmpeg but include avconv. See my post here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 377#795377 and the links it gives. Although using winff as I suggested there is one possibility, it would be preferable to have a "home-grown" pet usable in most Puppies, regardless of their derivation. I couldn't find any way to configure ffmpeg so that it would alternatively use ffmpeg or avconv.

Thanks in advance,

mikesLr

technosaurus

#222 Post by technosaurus »

ffconvert doesn't do anything "special" besides wrapping calls to binaries. So long as the 2 different forks still use the same arguments, all you need is a symlink or hard link to the other.
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

shinobar

Re: Can FFConvert be modified to also use avconv?

#223 Post by shinobar »

ffconvert v1.3 and later supports avconv(libav).

# v1.3 - 17 Jun 2012: support avconv, fix unsupported codec error message, gtkdialog to avoid yaf-splash incompatibility, vcd for the default

panoss

#224 Post by panoss »

Can I use FFConvert on puppy to convert mp4 to 3gp?
I don't see such a choice in FFConvert.

I tried and directly with ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 output.3gp
and returned me an error:
"Error while opening encoder for output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height".

panoss

#225 Post by panoss »

I did what was suggested here:
/usr/bin/ffconvert:
Code:
source_property "$FILE1" $SKIP || FLAG=$?
Now I get another error (from avconv, I guess FFConvert uses avconv):
"Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?)"

panoss

#226 Post by panoss »

I installed and used a windows application through Wine, Winx video converter.
It took 96 minutes to convert a 120MB movie from mp4 to 3gp.
At convertfiles.com it took me 28 minutes, from which upload was the 25 minutes
and 3 minutes download(74MB),
So I guess the online converter is a better solution, I thought that the conversion in the pc would be much faster.

don570

#227 Post by don570 »

You must have changed the frames per second setting to a different
value from original.

slacko-rana

wants to convert any video file to MP4

#228 Post by slacko-rana »

Hi there,
i'm new on linux. would like to convert a video to watch it on my mobile phone, i tried 1.4.2 but it converted it well, but the mobile unable to play this converted video. :( i attached a pic this settings works well. how i convert video with codec FFODIVX?
Attachments
valid.jpg
these videos play on my mobile phone, but after convert any video the video doesnt play on my mobile because of the codec that doesnt mach with FFODIVX
(41.38 KiB) Downloaded 967 times

vicmz

Nokia Asha 302 setups

#229 Post by vicmz »

Playing with FFConvert in Precise Puppy, I managed to make some setups to convert videos for Nokia phones. I named the setups as Nokia Asha 302 because that's my phone model and I'm not sure if they will work for other models and brands (I think they might do the job at least for most mobile phones with 320x240 screen resolution). The widescreen setups are configured to convert HD videos while maintaining the original proportions, as by converting to full screen they would expand and look narrow. Since HD videos are made for screens wider than the ones of these Nokia phones, videos converted with the widescreen setups will not fill the phone screen, but play with a top and bottom black frame.

I also made a setup, named HD2CRT, to adapt HD videos to 1024x768 monitors. Because they're made for wide LCD/LED monitors, videos in high quality 720p and 1080p are usually played with delays or stutters under a 1024x768 sized screen (often CRT but also some LCD monitors). With this setup the videos will still be high quality and big, that's why they will take a lot of time to convert, yet they'll be in most cases smaller than the original file. Also, the videos won't fill the screen - you will get a top and bottom black frame, since the original videos were recorded for wide screens.

Always remember that the time it takes to convert a video and the file size of the resulting video will depend on the duration of the video in minutes, the quality settings for the new video file, the target device (phone, computer, etc.), and the speed of your computer microprocessor.

To add these setups to FFConvert:

- If FFConvert is running, close it. Then type in console:

Code: Select all

geany /usr/share/ffconvert/preset
- Copy & paste the following at the end of the file:

Code: Select all

Nokia Asha 302 widescreen HQ, -f mp4  -vcodec mpeg4  -b 384k 320x180  -r 25  -acodec libfaac 96k -ar 22050
Nokia Asha 302 widescreen, -f mp4  -vcodec mpeg4  -b 200k 320x180  -r 15  -acodec libfaac 64k -ar 22050
Nokia Asha 302 fullscreen HQ, -f mp4  -vcodec mpeg4  -b 384k 320x240  -r 25  -acodec libfaac 96k -ar 22050
Nokia Asha 302 fullscreen, -f mp4  -vcodec mpeg4  -b 200k 320x240  -r 15  -acodec libfaac 64k -ar 22050
HD2CRT 960x540, -f mp4  -vcodec libx264  -b 3000k 960x540  -r 29.97  -acodec libvo_aacenc 96k -ar 48000
- Save and close. Then you're ready to start using them.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When you apply a setup, make sure that the default video screen size and audio bitrate values are correct. For example, in the screenshot below, you can see that FFConvert did not apply the default screen size configured in the setup, it set the screen size used for the last file conversion instead! And the Adv. options field must be blank, otherwise conversion stops with an error.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-08-14_17.55.07.png
(56.83 KiB) Downloaded 803 times
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

mikeslr

Convert to Audio Only

#230 Post by mikeslr »

Convert to Audio Only

Just a link to a 2 post discussion: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 711#876711

mikesLr