1.0.3 - USB Intellimouse up/down movement only

Please post any bugs you have found
kirk_22

1.0.3 - USB Intellimouse up/down movement only

#1 Post by kirk_22 »

V1.0.2 worked with the mouse fine but something in 1.0.3 broke it. The mouse will move up and down but not left or right. Clicking the buttons will move the mouse a little to the right.

Kirk

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Yes, the 2.4.27 kernel does have a problem with some usb devices.
You may have to use some other mouse -- is there a ps/2 socket?
you can plug in a ps/2 mouse, leave the usb mouse plugged in, then run Mouse Wizard and choose new mouse.

sas_3k

Wireless Intelli Mouse Explorer 2.0

#3 Post by sas_3k »

I just baught one of these today, seems to have the same problem. I only get up and down movements in a stright line, no left or right, buttons dont work either. Will their be any support for these devices?

Puppy Linux: 1.0.6 Release Candidate

Wireless Intelli Mouse Explorer 2.0 with FingerPrint reader

sb_puppy

no mouse

#4 Post by sb_puppy »

complete newbie here... got as far as selecting the mouse (I'm using a M$ wireless optical on a usb hub- works ok in windows) but got the vertical movement only too. I tried unplugging the usb and connecting an old ps/2 mouse, but somehow when I reboot the CD it no longer senses any mouse device. what now? :(

MU

#5 Post by MU »

Reboot the CD.
Hit CTRL-ALT-backspace to exit X.
Follow the instructions

rm -f /etc/mousedevice
xwin

Then you will be asked from new, what mouse you have.

Mark

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

For what it's worth, I have several USB mice which came with a USB-to-PS/2 adapter that works perfectly. I've never used them in the USB port. (I think I had some kind of problem with them in the USB port in Linux so I standardized on PS/2.) Will any USB mouse (or keyboard) work in a PS/2 socket with one of those adapters?

sb_puppy

#7 Post by sb_puppy »

Thanks MU, I've now got it working with a PS/2 mouse. I found a PS/2 to USB adapter for my wireless mouse but it doesn't work even in win98. M$ lists it as being able to use a ps/2 port on their website but curiously didn't supply an adapter with the mouse. No big deal though. Since then I've fiddled with GK Dial and finally now have access with my dialup ISP. Next I would like to figure out how to increase the vert video refresh closer to 80hz before I go blind.