Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 23 Oct 2014, 17:58
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Quirky 1.0 feedback
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 14 of 14 [200 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14
broomdodger

PostPosted: Sun 16 May 2010, 15:02    Post subject: snapto
Subject description: odd data in popup

`f00 wrote:
@broomdodger - "magnetic windows" is the snapto setting, I believe (window-to-window, window-to-edge etc) and varies with wm. In your jwm personal or the template, hth
I found the place to edit and snapto does work in jwm. AND found the place to change the double click speed, 400ms was too fast for me.
bones01

PostPosted: Wed 26 May 2010, 22:13    Post subject: Wireless connection worked with Quirky  

At last, I've been able to connect with wireless. Had all kinds of unexplained trouble with Deep Thought, but Quirky, with the Simple Network tool, seems to have done the job.

Thanks Barry, for doing what you do.

Bones

(I might need to make this my default puppy)

hokal

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 09:59    Post subject:  

eeepc901, 2GB RAM , 4GB SD boot drive and 64GB Runcore SD drive

Hi there!

switched over from puppeee to quirky. Although puppeee is streamlined for ASUS eeepc's (very fast booting!), it's also overloaded with programs I never needed. But biggest problem is, that puppeee's old cups version is a pain (according Jemimah) and upgrading cups to 1.3.11 is impossible, since all embedded programs are loosing their printers.

With Quirky 1.2 CUPS I have another problem:
My networkprinter will be setup by copying kmps.pl into /usr/lib/cups/filter, then add printer and provide the correct ppd-file during setup. Having done that, and trying to print the test page, CUPS complains: Sad
"usr/lib/cups/filter/kmps.pl failed". kmps.pl definitively got the correct rights (chmod 755). Could it be a collision with gtklp ?? In older puppy versions 4.2 and 4.3 (with upgraded cups to 1.3.11) this always worked fine. Any suggestions to solve this problem are welcome. Idea
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 10:14    Post subject:  

hokal wrote:
But biggest problem is, that puppeee's old cups version is a pain (according Jemimah) and upgrading cups to 1.3.11 is impossible, since all embedded programs are loosing their printers.

Go here and read the section Printing from Applications.

Quote:
With Quirky 1.2 CUPS I have another problem:
My networkprinter will be setup by copying kmps.pl into /usr/lib/cups/filter, then add printer and provide the correct ppd-file during setup. Having done that, and trying to print the test page, CUPS complains: :(
"usr/lib/cups/filter/kmps.pl failed". kmps.pl definitively got the correct rights (chmod 755). Could it be a collision with gtklp ?? In older puppy versions 4.2 and 4.3 (with upgraded cups to 1.3.11) this always worked fine. Any suggestions to solve this problem are welcome. :idea:

Could you describe what printer you have and what kmps.pl is?

Where did you originally get the driver for this device?
GullyProber

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 19:49    Post subject:  Quirky 1.2
Subject description: feedback

have just used Quirky 1.2 - delighted that Radio NZ (wmv stream) connected no troubles, and my other main pleasure is BBC on flash - set up all in less than 5 min. Many thanks all for your great work.
I will try the retro on my pentium lll which at present only works with puppy retro4.2.0 - the original Win98 wont reinstall. My Asus 701SD flies with retro - although I appreciate the Xandros was trying to be idiot-proof I felt I was in handcuffs till I got Puppy running on it.
Have a nice day. I will have fun puddling around with Quirky. Razz Laughing
Page 14 of 14 [200 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: