Google Photos

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
labbe5

Google Photos

#1 Post by labbe5 »

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/4/872994 ... gle-photos

Despite its reputation for data collecting, Google strives to offer the best experience for its users, so Google Photos is a well-done product, among the best to date. It is no longer linked to Google+ (photos lovers were frustrated about it); now it is a standalone photo-hosting product.

Above is a touching testimony about how Google Photos has win the heart of the article's author.

A more objective review here : http://www.theverge.com/a/sundars-googl ... le-io-2015

labbe5

backing up your photo collection

#2 Post by labbe5 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.3152428

Backing up your photo collection on the cloud is the best way to save a lifetime of precious memories. Google Photos is a good choice, as well as Flickr, or the lesser known Imgur, 500px, etc.

Not doing so expose you to a big loss, in the advent you are victim of a break-and-enter and your hard drives get stolen.

This is what happened to a photojournalist, 35-years worth of photos, gone with the solen hard drives. The lesson : he didn't care to have a back up.

Ted Dog

#3 Post by Ted Dog »

lol hope google is paying well for your postive posts on its spyware, I was having a problem with dataplan due to google posting whatever I loaded on my phone, earlydays was trying to get puppylinux to boot and multisession into the cloud, not even signed up with google at that time. Seems like anything .iso .mpg. sfs was also considered a photo.
had to deinstall most of google play apps to stop that behavior, unfortunately I did not know you must turn off automatic backup with Google photo before un installing since that was the issue, its ON by default even without google photo.

8Geee

#4 Post by 8Geee »

Storage on a hard drive... whats that? Don't we all use a back-up USB-Flash-Stick? :lol:
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

gcmartin

#5 Post by gcmartin »

Been a user of several years of Google's Photo offerings. SmartPhone use has made is all too simple snap-capture photos on both phone and cloud simultaneously. So, even if authorities confiscate my phone, the media is already saved on the cloud. Thus any/all multimedia work lands in both places (like mirroring).

One question for community users
  • Anyone know how to access the photos from GooglePhoto in a format suitable for posting to the forum?
Thanks in advance for ANY approaches.

perdido

#6 Post by perdido »

Data mining.

What better way to create a facial recognition database?

labbe5

A new feature to keep alive our fond memories

#7 Post by labbe5 »

https://plus.google.com/+GooglePhotos/p ... 0615180924

Innovative Google Photos is yet again trying to make something interesting out of our big, or not, collection of photographs and videos; this time playing the nostalgia fiber in each of us. There is no definite name to this feature, it's simply an opt-in feature to see some photographs or videos from same day last year(s).

I used Picasa web albums in the past, for its user-friendliness and for easy sharing with family and others; but Google Photos is again winning some hearts, after the fiasco of Google+.

8Geee

#8 Post by 8Geee »

No really, store this stuff on a backup drive, SCREW Google!
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."