HanSamBen 431- Kids Linux distro based on Puppy Linux 431

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Max Headroom

G'day Sidders or AnyBody eLse that Can Help

#46 Post by Max Headroom »

I've put Me own picture in usr/share/backgrounds, But it seems that Nathans Wallpaper Setter isn't working, could I be doing something wrong or is it a known bug? is there a Work-around?

I Do quite like the Features of this Puplet, altho I Do Realise that the Dingo Base is quite Mature & there is a Newer 511, But Again I'm a bit sentimental w/ Dingo & this will be running on PCs w/ Only 512 Mb RAMemory, Frugal install, 1 Gb Swap Partition

Thanx 4 Your Help :)K

Fossil

#47 Post by Fossil »

Max Headroom. What size is this new image background, and what is it's format - .jpg, .png, etc?
Are you still using the original default background? If so, try this. First of all - make a backup of the background you are using. Record the exact size and the format - .jpg, etc. Resize your picture to the same area and format - then rename it to the one you have been successfully with. Restart your computer. Hopefully this will work. If it does not, and all goes pear-shaped, simply replace with the original.

Max Headroom

Thanx 2 yoU Fossil, We Did it!

#48 Post by Max Headroom »

I was Able 2 Convert the image from a Gif 2 a JPG, But I didn't know How 2 increase the size of My File from 44 Kb Up 2 the Originals JPG 158 Kb, But Wot's More Significant that the Actual Background image Location was usr/share/backgrounds-original Directory, Still Thanx again Fossil 4 your Help :)K