Pop up GUI when called without parameter. puppyhelp is now the symlink to pman. indexgen.sh does not update the index.html because the GUI has pull-down menu to list up all the installed apps in the menu. It will speed up at installing PET's.
Download from: http://shino.pos.to/linux/puppy/
pman searches documents in the order of the following...
1. (if man2html is installed)
under /usr/share/man/$lang, where $lang is determined from $LANG.
under /usr/share/man ... (along with the environment variable 'MANPATH')
Without X, pman uses w3m or lynx, if installed. Or another option is nroff.
2. under /usr/share/doc/help/$lang, where $lang is determined from $LANG.
3. under /usr/share/doc
4. online homepages described in /root/.packages/PKGS_HOMEPAGES
5. (only if $LANG is japanese)
Japanese Puppy Wiki pages
JP project pages
6. http://linux.die.net/man (section can be specified) _________________ Multilingual Wary-511 Lucid Puppy Quickset edition
Downloads for Puppy Linux http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html Last edited by shinobar on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 07:58; edited 6 times in total
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum