Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 30 Oct 2014, 19:18
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff)
have you add your own pet package into woof builder
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
genlic

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jun 2010, 02:29    Post_subject:  have you add your own pet package into woof builder  

how to add own own pet into woof builder, so we could have a distro that include our own pet in it.
I am waiting for you answer.
Thank you.
GrumpyWolfe

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun 2010, 22:53    Post_subject:  

Yes you can

The easiest way is to edit the Packages-puppy-quirky-official. The eases way to get the syntactic correct is to build the pet file yourself so as to have the package file. Then just paste it in. Next edit the DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-t2-8.0rc or which ever build you are using. If you are building it to match the Puppy 4.3 then edit the DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-puppy-4 let me know if this helped you.

Acer Aspire One N450 1.66GHz

MyWolfe at Sourceforge
MyWolfe Blog
MyWolfe Groups
genlic

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jul 2010, 02:58    Post_subject:  very sorry to replay you so late, it's about the woof build  

Very Happy Thank you for your replay, but i still found some problems.

Smile i tried your method, this is what i write in file Packages-puppy-4-xx-official
(virtualbox|virtualbox|0.1||buildingblock|45860k|pet_pachages-4|virtualbox.pet|)

GrumpyWolfe wrote:
Yes you can

The easiest way is to edit the Packages-puppy-quirky-official. The eases way to get the syntactic correct is to build the pet file yourself so as to have the package file. Then just paste it in. Next edit the DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-t2-8.0rc or which ever build you are using. If you are building it to match the Puppy 4.3 then edit the DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-puppy-4 let me know if this helped you.
virtualbox.jpg
 Description   this is what i got, when i try ./2createpackages.
 Filesize   31.03 KB
 Viewed   1180 Time(s)

virtualbox.jpg

GrumpyWolfe

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jul 2010, 09:10    Post_subject:  

ok that is because it can not find the pet package you have did you put it in the package-pet folder. Was it a pet or did you make it a tgz.gz file. Your line that you added to Packages-puppy-4-office look like this

Code:
0rootfs_skeleton-412|0rootfs_skeleton|412||BuildingBlock|13940K|pet_packages-4|0rootfs_skeleton-412.pet|||

When you made your pet did you use the dir2pet script if so in the dir you used to make your pet will be that line you need. When you put into Disto_pkgs_specs-puppy-4 must look like this.

Code:
yes|915resolution|915resolution|exe

Let me know if this helped

MyWolfe at Sourceforge
MyWolfe Blog
MyWolfe Groups
genlic

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jul 2010, 07:45    Post_subject:  thank you very much. i did it.  

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
GrumpyWolfe wrote:
ok that is because it can not find the pet package you have did you put it in the package-pet folder. Was it a pet or did you make it a tgz.gz file. Your line that you added to Packages-puppy-4-office look like this

Code:
0rootfs_skeleton-412|0rootfs_skeleton|412||BuildingBlock|13940K|pet_packages-4|0rootfs_skeleton-412.pet|||

When you made your pet did you use the dir2pet script if so in the dir you used to make your pet will be that line you need. When you put into Disto_pkgs_specs-puppy-4 must look like this.

Code:
yes|915resolution|915resolution|exe

Let me know if this helped
moB

PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov 2010, 04:31    Post_subject:  
Sub_title: vbox installer

GrumpyWolfe wrote:
ok that is because it can not find the pet package you have did you put it in the package-pet folder. Was it a pet or did you make it a tgz.gz file.

Have also installed the vbox--it came as a self-installing archive.

I clicked and it was installed. Easily up and and running. To make a pet seems redundant, but should work with tgz2pet?

Looking forward to proposed improvements to the OSE version Smile

moB
GrumpyWolfe

PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov 2010, 10:29    Post_subject:  

moB

We were talking about the woof build system and it has to be in a pet to work you can install a lot in the package manager that woof will not handle.

MyWolfe at Sourceforge
MyWolfe Blog
MyWolfe Groups
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff)
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum