Fatdog64-500 final

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
WillM

#286 Post by WillM »

Sorry about the double post. I meant to put that in the Fatdog64-511 thread. I haven't tried the scanner in 32 bit Puppy, but I will.
Thanks for these drivers rcrsn51. I appreciate that a lot to have a printer on here.

WillM

#287 Post by WillM »

I tried the scanner on Puppy 520 and Linux Mint 8. In both cases I received the same error.
Failed to open hpaio:/usb/psc_1200series

So I plugged this in to a Windows XP machine and found out that scanner does work in there.

I don't know, maybe I am setting this up wrong in Linux. I thought to use xsane for this. Thanks again for these printer drivers.

lakedude

#288 Post by lakedude »

jamesbond wrote:
lakedude wrote:How much begging would I need to do to get "kill" on the right mouse click?
:lol: you will need to explain the feature first. I don't get what you mean. Perhaps we can do it just by tweaking the window manager configuration.
On regular 32 bit puppy there is a feature that comes up when you right click called "kill" which will "kill" any program at which you happen to aim the pointer.

On other (non-puppy) distros I make a taskbar link to "kill" with a skull and crossbones icon.

Kill is very useful for terminating misbehaving software, like when a browser gets hung. One click and it the problem is gone instantly.

Having kill available as a right click option is very handy, even better than having a cute skull and crossbones shortcut.

Thanks very much for your time an effort!

lakedude

#289 Post by lakedude »

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3079/killb.jpg

This should be a link to a pic showing what I'm talking about...

Eathray

Thanks for Fatdog

#290 Post by Eathray »

I just got my first dual-core laptop, and knew there was a Puppy called Fatdog64 just for me. Thanks for making this!!!

First impressions... love it.

I can see I have a lot to learn though. I'm going to have to read this thread with care. Tried to download Firefox and it didn't. Well, it's lightning fast, and I can get by with Seamonkey for a while.

Thanks again. I'm sure I'll be back with questions :P

Eathray