'Simple' ePub builder?

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
Makoto

'Simple' ePub builder?

#1 Post by Makoto »

I was wondering if there's such a thing as a 'simple' ePub builder, that will create an ePub book from a series of text files (or HTML? PDF?) that you feed it, with each file as a separate chapter.

I've got an OpenOffice extension that I've been using, but it's a bit of a pain to work with, IMHO.

(I can't use Calibre, as I'm still using Puppy 4.3.1, and I haven't yet found any versions that work with it (the more recent versions insist on a newer glibc).)
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

april

#2 Post by april »

Is Peasypdf of no use ? have you tried it? In the menu under documents in Precise

Just tried it and its a load of . Not intuitive and added 2 documents and got 223 almost pages..I'd say thats a dud for putting two together

Makoto

#3 Post by Makoto »

No, I don't have it, which is probably just as well... I'm running a custom build of Puppy 4.3.1.

I do have the puppyPDF converter... but I'm not looking to convert to PDF, or use it as an intermediate format, really. What I meant by "(or HTML? PDF?)" was that hopefully, the ePub converter would accept those as input.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

shadow of viper`

#4 Post by shadow of viper` »

Hello Makoto,

Have you tried calibre?

It handles multiple formats

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=56351

long time ago, i used calibre to convert a pdf file to epub
The resulting epub was not very pretty but very much useable
I suppose you could tweak the parameters a bit

There is one more pandoc
Haven't tried this one though

Or are you actually looking for something simpler?

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

I can't use Calibre, as I don't think there's (or at least, haven't found) a version that works with Puppy 4.3.1. I could install it on my Windows or Mac systems, yes, but I'd rather not jump systems to do everything (I already do it to work with video, but that's more of a priority).

Yeah, I'm looking for a simple alternative. I've been using an OpenOffice extension, but it's clunky and complex. Most everything else I've found online so far is usually either commercial/subscription-based, or gone/no longer operational. Or web-based (bleah).