Build a comics reader sfs

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
xmf-149

Build a comics reader sfs

#1 Post by xmf-149 »

1.Download
GL_Manga_Reader_0.7.0_lin_x86_[367B0865].tar.gz
gl contains qt, which you can replace with links if you have it already

mcomix-1.00.tar.bz2
for mcomix search packages.ubuntu.org for python dependencies. i needed:
python-cairo_1.8.8-1ubuntu3_i386.deb
python-gobject-2_2.28.6-10ubuntu1_i386.deb
python-gtk2_2.24.0-3_i386.deb
python-imaging_1.1.7-4_i386.deb
python-pkg-resources_0.6.24-1ubuntu1_all.deb
once extracted the names can be found by looking at /usr/share/doc
(to expand upon this section i need to find how to detect missing dependencies, and download them through the web interface but from the command line)

attatched here are extra desktop files i made and a script named xarchs to help extract. mcomix has been updated since i wrote this so youll have to change the version number inside the file, a wildcard is allowed for Exec but not Icon, it runs mcomixstarter.py

note you will need the devx sfs.

2.Extract
mkdir -p /tmp/squashthis/usr/local
extract the two main packages to there
extract the python dependencies to /tmp/squashthis. xarchive only lets u extract one, so use xarchs linked above-customize the rox menu to select them
actually there is a bug in pupzip, it will not open multiple files, xarchive will open multiple files in tabs, but it still will only let you extract one archive at a time, and doesnt remember the last used directory
mkdir -p /tmp/squashthis/usr/share/applications #place the desktop files here

3.Build and Use
just run
mksquashfs /tmp/squashthis '/tmp/Comics-image-viewer.sfs' -noappend -no-duplicates -no-sparse -noI
right-click the sfs and choose sfs-load to load it, then run fixmenus and restart window manager to see the desktop files

good example of programming and image viewer applications

but i ran into a couple issues while packaging this
if you try to load the sfs at boot your desktop icons might be rearranged here. after having the icons rearranged there is two files in /tmp ,PuppyPinTmp which is referenced in rc.update and PuppyPin-CPY which is referenced in rc.sysinit .there are also the following scripts which might do something: clean_desk_icons, fixdesk, and fixPuppyPin. then i made another thread with a fix here
during testing i previously uninstalled a needed package that is now in the sfs, you may need to manually delete some whiteout files. read comments in /usr/local/petget/removepreview.sh and sfs_load clearwhite
Attachments
xarchs.gz
use xarchive to extract multiple archives at the same time
(460 Bytes) Downloaded 254 times
glmanga.desktop.gz
(198 Bytes) Downloaded 284 times
mcomix.desktop.gz
(603 Bytes) Downloaded 275 times
:!: :!: :!:

mikeslr

mccomix - xenialpup64

#2 Post by mikeslr »

this is just a link to a post, http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 991#941991 about the ease of building mcomix under xenialpup64 using PPM and PaDS.

mikesLr