Non bootable Hd

Please post any bugs you have found
ray2007

Non bootable Hd

#1 Post by ray2007 »

When I try to install Puppy Ubuntu studio v 2.1 on my Laptop Pc (a TTX-5100- M Intel CPU 1.6 Gig Hz)) with 1 gig of ram, 40 Gig Fujitsu HD:
1-If I choose acpi=no ,Puppy will not install

2-If I go via normal installation I do get the Live CD but to install Puppy it on the HD- is not possible

3-GParted-I must create a partition table..,then I am using the 40 Gigs HD for Puppy(and try to install ext4 file system + Linux swap(2 gigs) then Flag the ext4 as boot then FORMAT the partitions(otherwise it will not install and I will still be in the Live system..
Why can't Puppy automatically format the system if Puppy will be using the whole Hd ?
4- Now I do as in #3 but then I get this ERROR:saving pinboard/root/Choices/Rox-Filer/PuppyPin:no space left ond evice !
The Ram Icon goes to RED with an M-meaning zero ram left..

5-Finally- if I ignore error in #4 Puppy continues to install(?) on the HD and at the end I cannot install Grub as the Cd is ejected -I put it back in the cd drove but grun will not isntall
Rebooting confirms (!)(that Puppy has not been installed on the HD !

6-So for Puppy is back to the Dog House ?

Note-Debian ( Lenny v 5.0..5)appears to be the only version that will install on that PC (and it is limited at best) (Open Suse Linux 11.3,Linux Mint 9.0 etc are no go as well as Ubuntu Studio 10.04)and Debian is not too multimedia friendly as many packages tend to give you a severe case of "segmentation faults.."and trying to recover a system is not that easy..

On my desktop Pc I also get segmentition faults if I install mutlimedia packages thus...

scsijon

#2 Post by scsijon »

could you boot to puppy via cd, run lspci >> tt10lspci and copy the text in the created file to this topic please.

see if we can help, but more data is needed.

regards
scsijon