Forum login times out while composing (lament)

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Sage

#1 Post by Sage »

Oh, John! It's driving me bananas! My DUN dropped out before I finished writing and posting the above item. When I reconnected, I found I was the accurse`d GUEST, again!!!

PS. How to get accented character set?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Sage wrote:Oh, John! It's driving me bananas! My DUN dropped out before I finished writing and posting the above item. When I reconnected, I found I was the accurse`d GUEST, again!!!
Here's a workaround: open two browser windows to the forum. Use the first to compose your reply, then, when you're ready to post, switch to the second window to check if you're still logged in. If you're not, you can re-login in the second window. Then you'll be logged in when you switch back to the first window to post your message. I've tried it and it works.

#3 Post by Guest »

Thanks for that tip. I tend to use the 'Back' button to return to what I was doing after re-logging in. However, sometimes I get carried away (perhaps, you've noticed!) and sometimes, like today, the drop-outs occur in mid flow.

Sage

#4 Post by Sage »

Thanks for that tip. I tend to use the 'Back' button to return to what I was doing after re-logging in. However, sometimes I get carried away (perhaps, you've noticed!) and sometimes, like today, the drop-outs occur in mid flow.

Curses - I missed it again! So now I'll have to duplicate this entry because the 'Edit' function isn't available to Guests.
And I wanted to say that my machine is loaded with tabs and browser windows already. Frequently , I exceed the HW capacity and have to reboot! Another window is a bridge too far, if you'll excuse the mixing of metaphors.....

#5 Post by Guest »

When you log in do you tick the 'Log me on automatically each visit' box. This keeps you logged in even if you close the window.

This is Ian who was logged in but opened another window and logged out to read the login message. :-)

Sage

#6 Post by Sage »

Yes! That box doesn't work for me.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Sage wrote:Yes! That box doesn't work for me.
You must allow the forum to store a cookie on your computer for it to work.

Sage

#8 Post by Sage »

I have three cookies stored for murga.org but I run a very tight ship and don't allow cookies for parasitic sites.