modula 2

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
puppyto

modula 2

#1 Post by puppyto »

Hello, someone who knows modula 2 compiler for puppy, thanks in advance!!

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

AFAIK there aren't any puppy modula2 packages,but you could have a go at compiling GNU Modula-2

Or, after you accept their license, you can try:

http://www.excelsior-usa.com/xdsdl.html

Or, after you extract this rpm archive, from the wayback machine, it seems ready to go:

m2f-4.2-2.i386.rpm

Or, if you fill out the form here, gardens point modula2 is available:

http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/gpm/

Also, quite awhile back I did have the linux version of the oberon operating system working on puppy, & it has it's own oberon compiler.

puppyto

#3 Post by puppyto »

Ok, thank you, I try it but without good results, which would be the best option for puppy 4.3.1?

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

Unfortunately I've never used modula2, so can't really advise. (I did use pascal last century though!). When you say you tried it, but not good results, which one did you try? Are you proficient in modula2? AFAIK all I gave are for binary modula2 compilers, and all should work with p431.

muggins

#5 Post by muggins »

Also, have you considered Free Pascal,or Lazarus? These offer Delphi-like programming for linux and, last time I looked, the binaries worked fine with puppy.

puppyto

#6 Post by puppyto »

Thanks for you attention, I tried GNU modula2 but gave me error, I realized steps appearing in the web,from console, also tried oberon but I don't see how to execute,not appear nothing in menu,I tried xds with wine and work but not 100%, for example doesn't work debugger. Although, I should say you that I'm beginner programming and an english language learner, sorry errors. :oops: