Fatdog64 700rc and 701 won't shut down/power off?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
fatdognoob

Fatdog64 700rc and 701 won't shut down/power off?

#1 Post by fatdognoob »

Noob to fatdog64 so please be kind and use "idiot speak" :-) I have installed fatdog64 701 to my Acer Aspire E11 and it all runs fairly well, the track pad doesn't work but I can live with that by using a mouse. What's more annoying is when I shutdown, it kills all processes and spins down the hard drive and then just hangs leaving me to power off by hitting the power button? I've searched pretty well all over the web and can't find any pointers as what to do? I noticed that Ubuntu users with this machine experience the same issue and there's talk of blacklisting and editing acpi which all goes over my head to be honest! Earlier versions of fatdog64 seem to shutdown fine however? Pointers and help greatly appreciated! :-)

B164D

#2 Post by B164D »

I've an Aspire ES1-512 which had similar issues. I've been able to sort this by going into the bios main page and disabling xHCI support. I've not noticed this impacting anything else but it has certainly got rid of that annoyance.

cthisbear

#3 Post by cthisbear »

B164D ....Always nice to see someone help out and post a fix....

Cheers....Chris.

"""""

And fatdognoob, did this work for you?

mini-jaguar

#4 Post by mini-jaguar »

I had a similar problem with 610/611, but not the others in the 600 series. I have not used the 700s much, mainly because they are incompatible with older software.

Turned out that with 610/611 it was something weird like installing certain .pets (or maybe .sfs files) would do that, but it didn't really do that with no software installed.