How to make frugal install from multisession CD?

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
yordanj94

#1 Post by yordanj94 »

Hi to all.

This works just fine ,but is there a way to do the opposite.

I have multisession DVD with all my personal settings.

Can i transfer that to a frugal instal so not to start over again ?

Thanks in advance.

Yordan.

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hello, yordanj94

Again, create a new iiso file, -- or use the one you already created as above, -- except this time make a "nest" for it on your hard drive or usb stick. This could be a directory on drive "X" (or hda1, or whatever letter) with the name "puppyXYZ" (the version number of the puppy). Copy all the files in the iso to this place. Then create an entry in your grub launcher. There are many threads on this forum on how to do this, plus it is explained in the puppy documentation and in the grub documentation.

There is also the mixed or half-way solution. Re-master your puppy and make a new iso -- burn the iso to a new cd or dvd -- at first close, select "save to disk" (or usb drive) instead of to the cd or dvd. This works very well too. but you'll have to use the dvd and the thumb drive at the same time to have your puppy system..

You see, you can have your puppy any way you like. The Azteqs and other peoples of Antiquity ate their puppies for food -- that is the only thing WE do not do with our Puppies! :D :twisted: although the personal data on it may give it even a better tastei (shucks, there is no icon for dark humour!!!)

Have fun!
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)