How to customize your icewm menu

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
musher0

How to customize your icewm menu

#1 Post by musher0 »

Hello,

A forum member in another forum asked me if there was a script to put to good use the customizability of the icewm menu.

There are a number of informations and screenshots at http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=77453, but I thought of making a separate thread for the script, as the title might draw the attention of those interested in icewm.

It's two scripts actually, because of fixmenus, which stops after it's done its thing. fixmenus doesn't appear to be chainable.

cim-A.sh backups your menu and calls fixmenus.
cim-B.sh renames the "menu" created by fixmenus to "toolbar", re-instates your own customized menu, and restarts icewm.

The first time off, you may want to run the above scripts from console, like so:
cd /root/.icewm
./cim-A.sh
./cim-B.sh

A customized menu is included to start you off, and it contains entries for the 2 scripts under "Favorites". So, after the first time, you can run the two scripts in sequence from the icewm menu.

The pet also contains my "preferences" file, for reference.

The way this is done, it is better to have a two-line toolbar for icewm, but it should work with a one-line toolbar too.

Let me know? Thanks.
Attachments
CustomIcewmMenu-1.0.pet
(9.46 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Please see also the images attached to this thread:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=77595

There you can also download the entire lxp-icewm environment if you wish.

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Tman

#3 Post by Tman »

..oops please ignore this; I had several tabs of the forum open and replied to the wrong thread.