Lucid Puppy 5.1.1 Bugs, Fixes, & Feedback

Please post any bugs you have found
bigpup

#151 Post by bigpup »

steve_s wrote:Here's a fun one: I was bragging about Puppy 5.1.1 and showing to a Linux newbie. Then I got clicky and cocky and was showing how to change the desktop.

I clicked on JWM configuration and clicked on "Or apply current gtk theme to JWM" and my tray/panel dissappeared!

They didn't need it, it was just a save file on their computer and I think we found a solution but I don't know for sure since I don't have access to it right now...ps: it had nothing to do with autohide as that was selected as off...weird.. :?
This is a known bug in JWM config when you select:
"Or apply current gtk theme to JWM"
It causes the file /root/.jwmrc-tray to be empty. This is the file that displays the tray in JWM.

Look if you have a hidden file /root/.jwmrc-tray.bak, if so, you copy it as /root/.jwmrc-tray, then restart X.

If you selected the option "Or apply current gtk theme to JWM" more than once then this backup will also be empty and you will have to get a good copy from a working install of Puppy Linux.
In Lucid Puppy 5.2 they removed this option in JWM config.

eden6000

#152 Post by eden6000 »

pemasu, why don't you post your deadbeef package (which works fine) in the multimedia section too? the one made by robowoj44 crashes, and is also in the wrong section, see here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=51597.
Thanks btw

robert1968

LUPU 5.1.1 suspend does not works on Fujitsu Stylistic c500

#153 Post by robert1968 »

Hi,

Puppy 431 works fine on Fujitsu Stylistic c500 tablet. And I'm happy with it.

I Installed LUPU 5.1.1 but suspend does not works on this tablet.

Any suggestion how to debug, resolve?

Regards,
Robert

pemasu

#154 Post by pemasu »

eden6000. Thank you of your feedback. Maybe I just needed your confirmation that deadbeef is usable :wink:

There is already several deadbeef`s around and also couple older one in Lucid PPM repo. But I could post it to multimedia section also. Thank you of your advice.

breslavian

i/o error

#155 Post by breslavian »

I installed (frugal) Lucid Puppy 5.1.1 on Aspire one netbook. Made 2 partitions, sda1's for Lucid, while data on sda2. Things were stable for six months (I think), when I noticed that sda1 can't be mounted on pmount. It didn't bother me much because I can still run Lucid, and I still have access to my sda2.

Then, just this week, I suddenly got an error 17. Just an error 17, nothing more/less.

So I used my lucid puppy on my usb. And booted the said machine. Now I'm seeing sda1 and sda2. But sda1 is not part of the options on pmount, only sda2.

I tried Gparted. It says unknown (with black square) on the filesytem tab. Tried deleting it, or formatting it. But it says input/output error during write on /dev/sda. I tried googling but no lucid puppy related posts came up. I think.

Now, I know I can just partition another drive, then start from there. But, my drive is 6gb. I alotted 2gb on sda1, and 2gb of wasted space is, relatively, a lot. Can anyone help?