Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 22:59
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Security/Privacy
F-Prot-6-Lucid - Anti-virus for Puppy 5.1.1
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
yorkiesnorkie

PostPosted: Thu 09 Sep 2010, 08:42    Post_subject:  F-Prot-6-Lucid - Anti-virus for Puppy 5.1.1  

pemasu wrote:
Quote:
In honor of pemasu, the Puppy Package Manager puppy-lucid repo now includes F-Prot-6-Lucid, a well-respected command line virus scanner.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pet-packages-lucid/FProt-6-Lucid.pet

I am honored and grateful. Thank you playdayz !!!

Launch from /opt/f-prot/install-f-prot.pl (in terminal) and it makes symlinks to use it from terminal straight.
Works fine. Even better from commandline than using XF-Prot GUI. Use it to check viruses and trojans in windows files.

Usage: fpscan --disinfect (--deleteall) /mnt/sd**. Use --deleteall with care and it needs --disinfect option also with it. Fpscan -h for more options and description.

Updating virus definition database: /opt/f-prot/fpupdate. It makes also entry to crontab to update periodically every 25 minutes if there is something to update.

Link to PET: http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pet-packages-lucid/FProt-6-Lucid.pet

Link to originating post: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=448530#448530

tgp1994

Location: C:/Documents and Settings/*******/My Documents/VMWare/Puppy Linux/Puppy Linux.vmdk//./root

PostPosted: Thu 21 Oct 2010, 22:49    Post_subject:  

Installation never finishes: *.pet-TEMPBACKUP file is created, computer sits at 50% cpu usage, but nothing else happens.
shadowKnows

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jan 2011, 01:01    Post_subject: I have it working under 431 now
Sub_title: xfprot viri detection

I used the pet in this thread on top of the pet that comes with 43 and then I pulled down a copy of the latest tar from fprot.com and ran the install perl script from it. Everything is working fine now. Finally....

The shadow....
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Security/Privacy
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum