Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 05:07
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Iron browser now in the pet repository!!
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Dragynn

PostPosted: Wed 15 Sep 2010, 01:09    Post_subject:  Iron browser now in the pet repository!!  

Holy crap.

Finally getting around to running Lupu 5.1.1 through it's paces, and decided to try it on my older desktop that I had just upgraded a bit with some more memory and a dual-core processor, and went to the package manager and there was my new favorite lightning fast browser.

holy crap....I've never seen this computer run this fast in the 5 years since I first built it...amazing...f'ing brilliant. Puppy on just an old dual-core AMD and a 1.5 gigs of DDR400, with the Iron browser, is pure undiluted instant gratification.

THANK YOU!

*edit* Just ran 3829 on Peacekeeper, that's 4-core performance from a dual-core chip, the same browser on Ubuntu on this same machine ran 3272 Wink

sweeeeeeeeeet!
RetroTechGuy

PostPosted: Thu 16 Sep 2010, 15:37    Post_subject: Re: Iron browser now in the pet repository!!  

Dragynn wrote:
Holy crap.

Finally getting around to running Lupu 5.1.1 through it's paces, and decided to try it on my older desktop that I had just upgraded a bit with some more memory and a dual-core processor, and went to the package manager and there was my new favorite lightning fast browser.

holy crap....I've never seen this computer run this fast in the 5 years since I first built it...amazing...f'ing brilliant. Puppy on just an old dual-core AMD and a 1.5 gigs of DDR400, with the Iron browser, is pure undiluted instant gratification.

THANK YOU!

*edit* Just ran 3829 on Peacekeeper, that's 4-core performance from a dual-core chip, the same browser on Ubuntu on this same machine ran 3272 Wink

sweeeeeeeeeet!

WHICH .pet repository? (I'm curious, and currently running Puppy 4.3.1 -- is it compatible?)

It appears to be installed in Lupu, but I'm not sure that my rather aged machines will be very happy with that...
mikeart

PostPosted: Thu 16 Sep 2010, 17:07    Post_subject:  

I would be interested in this as a main browser, any one know where to get it from, i have he latest puppy, if i have missed something i apologize thanks.

The next stop ......... the Twilight Zone!
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum