How to install Adobe's CS2 Photoshop in the later Slackos...

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
Mike Walsh

How to install Adobe's CS2 Photoshop in the later Slackos...

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Download link now available

See:-

Link to original post:-

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 064#876064

Mike. :)

Mike Walsh

#2 Post by Mike Walsh »

A download link for Photoshop CS2 has now been made available, so I've linked to it in the original thread. Please see above for link to that....

Mike. :wink:

Pelo

I create a topic in forum francophone

#3 Post by Pelo »

]I create a topic in forum francophone[/url]. I used Photoshop in the past ( at work... payed by the boss, but it was forbidden).
link to topic ...2007. Since Papos left the forum, french forgot this topic.
Better than creating a new one, i put Photoshop at the top..
I will test it With This week (added to to-do list)

Mike Walsh

#4 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, Pelo.

Yes, do give it a try. The remarkable thing about it, I find, is that not only does it work perfectly (I haven't found anything that doesn't work as it should), but it also seems to run faster than it ever did under XP.....

Win-win all round.

Pelo

My old computer Acer Aspire 1640

#5 Post by Pelo »

My old computer Acer Aspire 1640 is ready, waiting to install photoshop on its Windows Xp..
Screenshot will be deleted , just or immediate information to Mike Walsh
Will be done this afternoon.

Further information : on my Windows Seven (Laptop Medion akoya 2012) My picture browser is Fastone image viewer, can be linked to Puppy with Wine.. But it's only a browser.
Last month i start playing with Lazpaint. What an application ! When Linux makes me nervous, i launch Lazpaint.
Attachments
WiFi.jpg
Born 2004 (gift for my daugther, and back to Papy Pelo since 2013)
(48.25 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

Mike Walsh

#6 Post by Mike Walsh »

Interesting you should say about LaZPaint, Pelo; I run it (amongst others) as a 'portable' application (from PortableApps.com.)

These run very well, as long as you run them all from the same folder/directory. Mine run from /root/PortableApps. You have to do things this way, since they're designed to do so; if you try to install them via WINE in the 'normal' way, they'll throw a 'hissy-fit' and refuse to play!

Others I've found run well from there include:-

The 'Jarte' word-processor, based on the Windows Notepad 'engine'.
'IrfanView', which is a well-known image viewer/editor, and
'Smart Deblur', which is a useful tool for sharpening-up blurry or out-of-focus images.

There's probably dozens of others which will run just as well, but these few fit in with my graphics 'work-flow'.

----------------------------------------------------

You may also be interested in trying-out another one from the Adobe CS2 suite; InDesign, which is kind of like a 'souped-up' version of Microsoft's Publisher. Publisher refuses to run under WINE (won't even install, in fact), but Adobe's InDesign (all 700-odd MB of it!), runs flawlessly under my standard version of WINE, 1.7.51. I'm very impressed!

You can find it here:-

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/other-downloads.html

...but you will need to create a free Adobe account first, if you haven't already done so. Log-in when you're asked to, and then you can access the downloads page for the CS2 suite.

Make sure to jot down the serial number beside it; you'll need this to activate it when you're installing it.

mikeslr

Running XP portables from /mnt/home

#7 Post by mikeslr »

Regarding the hissy fit Mike Walsh mentioned above, portables will usually run from anywhere except the Wine Container. So, I create a folder on /mnt/home named xp-apps. Before running the setup file of an XP portable I'll create a folder within that with the portable's name then point to the latter folder as the install location.

Some portables create their own folder. So I'll just open two Windows and move folder it creates to xp-apps and delete my unnecessary folder.

With all portable XP programs in /mnt/home/xp-apps /mnt/home is less cluttered and I can change Wine versions and run XP Portables from multiple Puppies.

mikesLr