Wary 0.9 about to arrive.

News, happenings
adi

community editions

#16 Post by adi »

All community editions were as new posts in a single puppy time line with an incremental number. Now community editions are not in the schedule except of quirky which is a fork. The community editions will also be forks or they will have parallel development in the main stream?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#17 Post by Lobster »

Puppy Lucid 5.2 will be the next official Puppy
but there are alternative builds
Puppy Wary for older computers, Puppeee and Fluppy for netbooks, Fatdog64 for 64bit computers.
Each build is both unique and calls on previous and existing efforts of other community members.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Flapdoodle

#18 Post by Flapdoodle »

I tried several non-Puppy Linuxes (Lini?) recently. Most were impressive, but S-L-O-W. One that stood out above the others because the file arrangement was close to Windblows. Important to snag newcomers. It was CDLinux from China. Someday I hope to see Puppy have a more Windows-like file explorer.

I am in agreement with one other post here: Go for a 50-60meg distro, with the ability to add a multitude of optional PETS. Newbies LOVE optional add-ons to the extent that it will sway them away from distros with only a few add-ons.

I tried a DVD in 09... WOW. Better than my DVD player.

Only problem I have seen (other than the afore mentioned Nathan Walpaper problem, is my wireless mouse does crazy things. For example, opening the "bookmarks" may instead add the current page, some times as many as 6 times. This may be a mouse problem, or SeaMonkey. I am not concerned since this is a beta .9.

Thanks to all who have put in hard work on this. It is almost as fast as Turbo Pup Extreme.

Toshiba Satellite 1905 s301 w/256 ram

DaveS

#19 Post by DaveS »

Flapdoodle wrote: my wireless mouse does crazy things.
Try this: set Rox file manager to show hidden files. Open/root/.flsynclient in a text editor, and look for the three entries called clickfinger1, clickfinger2, and clickfinger3. Ensure they are all set to a value of 1. Hopefully, that will fix it.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pakt

Wary-090 on 300MHz laptop

#20 Post by pakt »

Deleted post - wrong thread :roll:
Methinks Raspberry Pi were ideal for runnin' Puppy Linux