Joined: 08 Aug 2008 Posts: 371 Location: Warsaw
Posted: Thu 14 Oct 2010, 03:54 Post_subject:
TigerVNC Sub_title: VNC client and server
TigerVNC is a suite of VNC servers and clients that have a focus on performance and remote display functionality. Originally this software was based on the (never released) VNC 4 branch of TightVNC.
There are 5 programs here:
* vncviewer - this is the VNC viewer, or client, program for X.
* vncserver - this is a wrapper script which makes starting an X VNC server (i.e. desktop) more convenient. It is written in Perl, so to use the script you need that.
* vncpasswd - this program allows you to change the password used to access your X VNC desktops. The vncserver script uses this program when you first start a VNC server.
* vncconfig - this program is used to configure and control a running instance of Xvnc.
* x0vncserver - this is an inefficient VNC server which continuously polls any X display, allowing it to be controlled via VNC. It is intended mainly as a demonstration of a simple VNC server.