Wary Puppy and Flash

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
swiftlinuxcreator

Wary Puppy and Flash

#1 Post by swiftlinuxcreator »

I just installed Wary Puppy 5.2. Everything in Facebook works with the new default browser. Under the old default browser (from Wary 5.13), things didn't look right, and I couldn't post anything on Facebook.

However, I think Wary Puppy should have stuck to having preinstalled Flash. Although Wary Puppy does pop up a dialog box asking if you wish to install Flash, I think it would have been better to preinstall it so that it works in the live CD. Having basic functionality by default is one of the top selling points of Puppy Linux and shouldn't be watered down. If software has to be cut to hold down the size of the ISO file, pick something that isn't so universally used.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Noooo. :lol:

I hate that every web page I go to now has something moving around on it to distract me. Even this forum has that @#$% thing in the upper right corner.

If Puppy comes with Flash installed then flashblock should also come with it.

swiftlinuxcreator

#3 Post by swiftlinuxcreator »

Flash wrote:Noooo. :lol:
I hate that every web page I go to now has something moving around on it to distract me. Even this forum has that @#$% thing in the upper right corner.

If Puppy comes with Flash installed then flashblock should also come with it.
I agree with you that the ads are annoying, and that's why I agree that Flashblock should be installed by default. I also like the ad-blocking used in antiX Linux - putting stuff in the /etc/hosts file that prevents the ads from loading.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

I like Flashblock because if you click in the Flash window, whatever's there will play, but not before.

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

NoScript (for the Mozilla browsers) does that, too. :)
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).