PupClockset-2.7

Miscellaneous tools
radky

#16 Post by radky »

Version 1.3.1. See main post.
-Improved detection of unsupported clocks.

vovchik

gtk style change

#17 Post by vovchik »

Dear radky,

The prog is very nice except for one little thing: you change the gtk theme on the fly - which I find pretty ugly, unnecessary and, most importantly, unacceptable for new users since the restore does not work properly if you exit via the window manager's (icewm) close button - it leaves the wrong theme and font in the gtkrc file. I noted this "feature" in the last version but just commented out the "if" lines that did that. I just did that again after installing the new version. Newbie users will not understand what happend to their theme settings after running the program and will not know the niceties of gtk widgets and their settings files. Can't you get rid of that theme-changing business?

With kind regards,
vovchik

radky

Re: gtk style change

#18 Post by radky »

vovchik wrote:The prog is very nice except for one little thing: you change the gtk theme on the fly - which I find pretty ugly, unnecessary and, most importantly, unacceptable for new users since the restore does not work properly if you exit via the window manager's (icewm) close button - it leaves the wrong theme and font in the gtkrc file. I noted this "feature" in the last version but just commented out the "if" lines that did that. I just did that again after installing the new version. Newbie users will not understand what happend to their theme settings after running the program and will not know the niceties of gtk widgets and their settings files. Can't you get rid of that theme-changing business?
Dear vovchik,

I have tested PupClockset in most derivatives of Puppy 4 and 5, but not in older derivatives of Puppy 2 or 3. Concerning the code in question, PupClockset-1.3.1 checks for the existence of $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0 and, if absent, will create a standard gtkrc-2.0 file from PupClockset's "gtkrc-2.0-restore file" - which includes the basic Gradient-grey gtk theme. This code is "not" applied unless the native $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0 file is absent or if the reference to the user “font_name

vovchik

gtk theme

#19 Post by vovchik »

Dear radky,

Thanks for taking up the little problem. In my case, when exiting via window close (Lucid 520), I lost a number of gtk vars, which then had an effect on my icon theme and on all QT4 progs. Recent versions of QT4, when operating with the GTK engine, examine .gtkrc-2.0 for the theme/icon variables. If not found, Clearview or something like that is used. This is mine:

Code: Select all

include "/usr/share/themes/MacOS-X/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
gtk-theme-name="MacOS-X"
gtk-icon-theme-name="Mac4Lin_Icons_v1.0"
gtk-font-name="DejaVu Sans 13"
gtk-toolbar-style=2
I keep most other GTK settings in .gtkrc-2.0.mine, fortunately, but QT4 stubbornly refuses to read that file, so I need that info in .gtkrc-2.0. I remember that Zigbert once did something similar with his stopwatch script and I also, for a bit, lost my theme and other settings.

Apart from this gtk thing, the clock setting part is brilliant and saves people from examining man pages, so thanks.

With kind regards,
vovchik

radky

#20 Post by radky »

Version 1.4. See main post.
1 - Removed nonessential user-font compatibility code. (thank you vovchik)
2 - Enhanced launch wrapper to allow automatic recovery from aborted PupClockset sessions.

radky

#21 Post by radky »

Version 1.5. See main post.
1 - Added full support for the Tint2 panel clock.
2 - Improved HTML code in Help file.

radky

#22 Post by radky »

Version 1.5.3 See main post.
1 - Added support for LXPanel in 64-bit derivatives (Fatdog64 and Lighthouse64). Thank you tazoc.
2 - Added support for the Yad and Zenity font-color selectors. Support continues for the limited Xdialog color selector.

radky

#23 Post by radky »

1 - When first installed, PupClockset now autodetects current 64-bit Puppy derivatives.
This will assure the correct version of the rgb2hex utility is installed for the Xdialog font-color selector. Thank you Billtoo.

DaveS

#24 Post by DaveS »

Downloaded latest supposedly a .pet according to link, but it downloads as a .gz?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

radky

#25 Post by radky »

DaveS wrote:Downloaded latest supposedly a .pet according to link, but it downloads as a .gz?
Hi DaveS,

I've tested the download again and, for me, it was in .pet format which installed properly. Maybe your initial download was corrupt? :)

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks,
radky

pemasu

#26 Post by pemasu »

Downloaded as pet. I will now test your modifying script for woof build also.

DaveS

#27 Post by DaveS »

Odd.... still get this:
Attachments
clocksetgz.png
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 1183 times
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#28 Post by pemasu »

I made woof build using your latest PupClock. I think that your pinstall.sh script worked ok.

radky

#29 Post by radky »

DaveS wrote:Odd.... still get this:
Hi DaveS,
What happens when you download other .pet files -- from Smokey's site or from other hosts, or if you use a different download manager?
pemasu wrote:I made woof build using your latest PupClock. I think that your pinstall.sh script worked ok.
Thanks pemasu. That's good news. :)

DaveS

#30 Post by DaveS »

radky wrote:
DaveS wrote:Odd.... still get this:
Hi DaveS,
What happens when you download other .pet files -- from Smokey's site or from other hosts, or if you use a different download manager?
OK, its Opera that changes the extension. Firefox downloads it as a .pet. Seems to happen only with this site though, other .pets from other sources download unchanged. Depressing Opera should do this.
Just re-naming the file to *.pet fixes it though.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

radky

#31 Post by radky »

Version 1.6 See main post.
- Enhanced support for the selection and display of timezones in the Tint2 panel clock.
- Added automatic recovery for aborted sessions of the Xdialog color selector.

radky

#32 Post by radky »

Version 1.6.1 See main post.
- Added support for new LXDE configuration profile of Lighthouse-64 512.
- Added support for non-root environment (fido).

radky

#33 Post by radky »

Version 1.6.2 See main post.
- Tint2 panel clock: Improved detection of variant configurations in the tint2.rc file (e.g., RexBang and Guy Pup derivatives).

radky

#34 Post by radky »

Version 1.6.3 See main post.
- Bugfix: set 777 permissions in /tmp folder of PupClockset pet. (thanks rcrsn51).

Jim1911

#35 Post by Jim1911 »

PupClockset doesn't appear to support Mick's latest Slacko 5.3.0.1 which I believe is the latest JWM.

Regards,
Jim
Attachments
image-2.jpg
(48.01 KiB) Downloaded 984 times