first .pet attempt

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
morgonzola

first .pet attempt

#1 Post by morgonzola »

hey so this is my first attempt at compiling from source and i almost got it i think....

i wanted to get lxpanel so i could use somehting like lxde in pupeee (because pupeee comes with OB and lxde is pretty much ob + lxpanel) and so i got the source and all that fun stuff

so i put it into a directory and ran ./configure
that worked

then i did make

it was working until it said

Code: Select all

launchbar.c:35:24: error: menu-cache.h: No such file or directory...........

and then it went downhill from there and started saying errors about something to do with recursive error. ( i would post the whole thing its just really long and i doubt you want to see all that)

is there some sort of prefix im suposed to use? im doing this on a eee pc (probably not the best choice) running pupeee

morgonzola

#2 Post by morgonzola »

sorry it was just a case of RTFM :oops:

ill have a pet up soon i hope

Karl Godt

#3 Post by Karl Godt »

menu-cache.h
http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=lenny&section=all&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=%2Fmenu-cache.h

guess this file is missing in the .orig.tar.gz

much luck hunting for it !

header files usually are at /usr/include & /usr/X11R7/include

jyore

#4 Post by jyore »

You are missing a dependency...

To fix it, it seems that you will need the menu-cache library...this library is dependent on glib2 and package-config, so please verify you have those...I believe both are part of the devx sfs file, so you should be ok...

You can download menu-cache from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/lxde/menu-cache-0.2.5.tar.gz

You need to compile and install the menu-cache library and then try your other install again.

Keep in mind that if you are making a pet, it probably won't have all the dependencies that you installed separately. Therefore you need to create a pet for each, and/or package all the installs as a single pet. See the pet making 101 guide for reference.

Hope this helps