FlightGear 2

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
alpensepp

FlightGear 2

#1 Post by alpensepp »

hello puppy lovers ...

since flightgear 2 has arrived some time ago, I searched the web for something like flightgear2.pet, the only thing I could find was flightpup1 where flighgear 1 is preconfigured. nice work, but in the meantime a little outdated because a lot of things have changed obviously concerning flightgear graphics.

putting a sophisticated flight simulator on top of a light operating system like puppy that doesn`t consume much system ressources is a nice idea, I think.

did anybody find a flightgear2.pet somewehere?
if not, does anybody have the knowledge/time to build one?

thanks for any answers!

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

Miriam reported using a Slackware binary http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 312#420312
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

alpensepp

#3 Post by alpensepp »

thank you disciple for posting the link, I`ll give the slackware package a try on the weekend.

alpensepp

#4 Post by alpensepp »

ok, downloaded the slackware flightgear packages and installed them with installpkg.
when I try to launch flightgear (command "fgfs") I get:

fgfs: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by fgfs)

am I missing a library or is it in the wrong place?
thanks for any ideas!

disciple

#5 Post by disciple »

Puppy will have an older version of the library. It is a fairly fundamental library, so I wouldn't normally mess with it.

Did you try the same package that miriam linked to though? What version of Puppy do you have?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

alpensepp

#6 Post by alpensepp »

Puppy will have an older version of the library. It is a fairly fundamental library, so I wouldn't normally mess with it.
I thought so, therefore I didn`t mess :wink:
Did you try the same package that miriam linked to though? What version of Puppy do you have?
there was only one version of the package, as far as I could see.
I`m using muppy 8.3, a german version version of puppy3.
Maybe I`ll give puppy4 a try ...