4.3.1 without sound - but perfect otherwise

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
8-bit

#16 Post by 8-bit »

I tend to differ with you as the kernel used in the version I have is 2.6.30.5.
The version you show was made about the same time and was for "older?" PCs.
Also, it was made with the intention of trying to make Puppy able to boot from a SCSI device.
One of the testers at that time reported he was unable to boot it from a SCSI drive and that version was dropped.

This is as I remember it. Barry would know more and after the theft a while back of some of his data, I am unsure if he still has it.

rerwin

#17 Post by rerwin »

I didn't notice the old kernel in the name. I'll be darned. I have been using the 2.6.30.5 version since the beginning and assumed it was still available. I used it because it had all of the modem drivers. That's disappointing. I will need to update my 4.3.1.1 thread to account for that. I have it on several CDs that I call "puppy Linux 4.3.1 Complete", but am unsure whether I still have the iso file somewhere.

EDIT: I just now checked "special puppies" and see that it still contains the "complete" iso:
ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pup ... modems.iso

Is that the one you have?
R

8-bit

#18 Post by 8-bit »

rerwin,
Short and sweet, yes. Although I have so many versions of 431, It is hard to keep straight which is which.
I will do some more checking.
Also, Mine in highly modified with every fix I could find and also updated browser.

Emile

Re: 4.3.1 without sound - but perfect otherwise

#19 Post by Emile »

I have also a problem of sound on my Sony PCG-FX701,
However it worked before with a previous version of toutou Linux (Sound card Via82xx )
Now sound test fails in Alsa Wizard and Alsamixer is not accessible
Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance

Dewbie

#20 Post by Dewbie »

Wow, had I known about this thread before, I wouldn't have started the other one.